Main Menu

How would you do "Dredd 2"?

Started by ChickenStu, 15 September, 2014, 10:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Ninja Zombies.

No Movie couldn't be improved by the presence of Ninja Zombies in it.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Skullmo

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 September, 2014, 01:55:41 PM
Ninja Zombies.

That was what Robocop 3 needed!
It's a joke. I was joking.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 16 September, 2014, 01:55:41 PM
Ninja Zombies.

Ninja Zombie Robo-Pirates would be even better.  I wonder if they could work the Pirates of The Black Atlantic into the script?

ChickenStu

Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

PsychoGoatee

I'm all about Judge Death and The Dark Judges running wild. My perfect movie would have the first 40 minutes be Dredd doing business as usual, something like The Graveyard Shift etc, just dealing with a lot and being right in the thick of it. Also introducing the sleep machine, so the audience realizes Dredd really is on the streets almost 24/7. And ideally a PJ Maybe cameo somewhere in there etc.

During that half hour we'd get glimpses of Anderson having weird visions, culminating in Judge Death showing up for act 2. And the Dark Judges and full-on mayhem for the last 20 minutes.

radiator

QuoteI'm all about Judge Death and The Dark Judges running wild. My perfect movie would have the first 40 minutes be Dredd doing business as usual, something like The Graveyard Shift etc, just dealing with a lot and being right in the thick of it. Also introducing the sleep machine, so the audience realizes Dredd really is on the streets almost 24/7. And ideally a PJ Maybe cameo somewhere in there etc.

That was pretty much my original idea of how to do a Dredd movie before Dredd was made.

Opening scene: time displays 6:10am, montage of Dredd getting out of sleep machine, suiting up.

Then we follow Dredd out on patrol, perhaps accompanied by a reporter or a rookie or something, following the format of The Graveyard Shift. The film has a sort of verite style, like the first half of District 9 - not full-on found footage, but all shot on handheld cameras etc.

Though the focus is on Dredd, we follow several supporting characters, from civilians to fellow judges to perps, whose arcs play out through the film. The film is interspersed with talking head interviews with them, again a bit like District 9 or the Dredd story 'Mutie Block'.

Things gradually escalate throughout the day and build to a climactic, epic showdown of some kind, with Dredd emerging battered at the end. He then returns to his Sector House.

The 'twist' of the film - much like how it played out in Dredd, is that despite all of the tension and crazy action that has built up an unfolded throughout, this is really just another routine day and nothing out of the ordinary. Dredd gets patched up, climbs back into the sleep machine, the time displays 6:00am. Credits.

The Legendary Shark

Just give me another film I can enjoy and for Grud's sake don't drokk it up at this stage of the game.
That's all I ask.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Skullmo

I hope Dredd 2 is called D2, in the same way that Terminator 2 was called T2.

Then we can have D2 3D
It's a joke. I was joking.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Skullmo on 18 September, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

Then we can have D2 3D

Is this an intentional reference to the Mighty Ducks sequel (another Emilio classic!), or is that just a fun coincidence?  :D D2 already exists and it was a masterful film.

amines2058

Quote from: Skullmo on 18 September, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

Then we can have D2 3D

Isn't that one of the droids in the new Star Wars movie??  ;)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

I'd rather see a sequel exploring the world established by the first film than some awkward compromise that ends up only paying lip-service to the comic. So no Judge Death. Save it if you must for the Anderson spin-off I think we're more likely to get.

I dunno. Something along the lines of 'Origins' and the Booth two-parter from 'The Cursed Earth' might work. Via 'The Return of Rico!' and 'Blood Cadets' (or whatever it's called).

And while no one's looking make a third film back-to-back that's basically 'Block Mania' with Total War or somesuch in place of the Sovs. End it on the same cliffhanger as the comic and drive everyone crazy by not making 'The Apocalypse War'. Ever.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 22 September, 2014, 03:55:09 PM
the Anderson spin-off I think we're more likely to get.

I've yet to see a campaign called Make an Anderson Spin-Off.

The Legendary Shark

If there's a campaign called "Make* Anderson Strip-Off", count me in**.
* By which I mean "ask nicely", obviously - I don't want to appear sexist. Again.
**Sexist or not, I'm still in.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

radiator

My guess for the titles of the trilogy as planned would have been:

DREDD: ORIGINS

DREDD VS DEATH