Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Hey folks, I promised a guide to Bambaland and 3A when Mongrol was imminent, so here it is.  Apologies for the short notice, but at least I've posted most of this stuff before.

Mongrol approaches!

Where?  Bambaland (http://www.bambalandstore.com/)
When?  Monday February 28th, 0900 Kong Kong time
How much?  $250 (USD; includes worldwide shipping)
How big?  30cm tall, 35cm shoulder width

- See the 3A production blog for a handy counter on the right-hand side, giving the local time remaining until the sale starts: http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/

- Prepare Thy PayPal!

More Bambaland info...

Things to know about Bambaland / 3A:

+ Bambaland (http://www.bambalandstore.com/) is the 'sales arm' of 3A.  
+ Register with Bambaland: get an account, get all your details set up ahead of time - it would be a real pain to have to do this at the last minute.
+ Bambaland sales are paid for with PayPal and only PayPal.  Again, set this up to save yourself any stress later on.
+ The duration of the sale is unknown, but I'd expect Mongrol to be up for a minimum of 24 hours and Ash may have something else in mind for this, so there could even be a longer sale period.  However, to be on the safe side, get in early (or early-ish)

+ Bambaland sales are all preorders; you'll end up paying up front and things will generally ship some months later (free worldwide shipping is included in all Bambaland prices - that won't be the case with most retailers).  I'd hope to see Mongrol in person in June / July, but that may depend on 3A workload and Mongrol's popularity.

+ There will be a 'black' version (unseen so far) of Mongrol available from Bambaland alongside the 'regular' version (I know, I know...).  Same price as the regular, but won't be available from retailers later on.

+ Mongrol will hit retail (some months down the line, I expect) and for UK folks, I'd recommend One Sixth Bruce as a great retailer choice (http://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/).  UK-based, great service and a layaway option for many more costly items, allowing people to pay in installments (remember that you'll have to cough up for shipping from inline retailer, though).

Any questions, just give me a shout and I'll do what I can.

:)

Mike Carroll

So... 09:00 in Hong Kong is 01:00 GMT, right? (Or have I go that the wrong way around?)

ming

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 24 February, 2011, 12:01:03 PM
So... 09:00 in Hong Kong is 01:00 GMT, right? (Or have I go that the wrong way around?)

No, that sounds right (and you can check the countdown timer on the blog I posted a link to above).

For Tharg, we got a UK-friendly drop time (0900 GMT, I think) but it looks like business as usual now.  Still, there should be no need for a mad 0100 GMT scramble for Mongrol unless you want one (a mad scramble, that is - Mongrol should be up for at least 24h and hopefully a lot longer).

Dunk!

First person to post a picture of Tharg and Mongrol making sweet thrillpowered LURVE is the real winner in all this.
"Trust we"

TordelBack

If I actually had that much dosh to my name, or any legal way to get it, I'd be in like a flash.  That Mongrol is a thing of beauty.

W. R. Logan

How fucking much? Thank god I've never been into stuff you can't read.
My loft is full of stuff as it is but at least 90% of it I can read.
It does look good but I'm not starting down the collectable road at this late stage no matter how good it is 8-?

Jared Katooie

Greg M.

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 24 February, 2011, 08:22:41 PM
His head is the wrong colour.

Naw, his face is red to start with and remains red right through Talbot-era Nemesis. It doesn't go yellow till that Bisley cover for 'The Black Hole' (and thereafter the Kev Walker stuff.)

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ming

Quote from: vzzbux on 24 February, 2011, 09:00:45 PM
Do we have a zoom of the mess?

V

Best I can do is a zoom from one of the earlier pics...

Nice touch, having Mongrol's little pal!

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 February, 2011, 08:45:32 PM
Quote from: Jared Katooie on 24 February, 2011, 08:22:41 PM
His head is the wrong colour.

Naw, his face is red to start with and remains red right through Talbot-era Nemesis. It doesn't go yellow till that Bisley cover for 'The Black Hole' (and thereafter the Kev Walker stuff.)

In that case, I applaud their attention to detail!

U-turn completed!

Pete Wells

Here's the black version, I think I might prefer it...

Dr Feeley Good

like the original one the best....brilliant !

Mardroid

Quote from: SteveMillar on 26 February, 2011, 10:45:29 AM
like the original one the best....brilliant !

That one is nice, but I agree. First is better.

For a repaint, I guess I'd have preferred one of the other paint alternatives we've seen in the actual comics, but that's speaking form the point of view of a 2000 AD reader. No doubt from a sales perspective, black sells. (Although it looks more like dark brown to me but that's often the case with so called 'black'. Seriously, check out black panthers at the zoo! They're rarely actually black!)

The Mess cannister actually shows up better with the new version though.

ming

Stands up really well against the classic McMahon look...

Monday soon!  :)