Main Menu

Prog 1994: For the attenshun of Judge Dredd

Started by Trent, 13 August, 2016, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 14 August, 2016, 03:56:58 PM
Dredd: Still not sure I'm buying PJ's change of sexual orientation from being so unable to relate to humans he was in love with a sex doll to the rampant bi sex pest, but then again, folk do change, so ok.
Seems to me that you've already figured out why it's not really out of character. PJ's too much of a psycopath to be able to relate to real humans. Any relationship he has with another person (such as rich widows) are purely about what benefit they can bring to PJ. As such, I don't see why he'd discriminate between male or female in any way.

Also, his parents always wanted a girl.

Reminds me of the weird furore over the suggestion that James Bond's sexuality was a bit more fluid than previously supposed. Bond's seductions are almost all about gaining information or advantage in his mission or asserting his dominance over the villain. Seems pretty ridiculous to suggest he wouldn't fire into a dude if that's what Queen & Country required.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Unable to relate to human emotions?!

PJ lusted after teenage sex siren Liana while a precocious pre-teen, and after arranging an 'accident' for her boyfriend they had a relationship that only ended with his first spell in the cubes. He later had a real 'thing' for Hershey, to the extent Inga started roleplaying as her. He's always been a randy sod.
@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 August, 2016, 12:05:38 PM
Quote from: Butch on 13 August, 2016, 09:13:39 PM

Normelly, the conseet of Maybe's narrayshun is that thay'r jurrnal entrays, writtin in the past tenss (and lower cays skript). The parts of last week's episoad that werr rellayting Maybe's thawts werr prezant tenss, rathur than sumthing he'd writtun down layter.

Thankz- itz bin a reel edgeucashun.

Aye fair point well made.  :D
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2016, 01:16:55 PM

PJ lusted after teenage sex siren Liana while a precocious pre-teen, and after arranging an 'accident' for her boyfriend they had a relationship that only ended with his first spell in the cubes. He later had a real 'thing' for Hershey, to the extent Inga started roleplaying as her. He's always been a randy sod.
This. PJ is odd in his sexual escapades but distant from humans? Not interested in people as sexual objects? No!

Proudhuff

Quote from: pauljholden on 13 August, 2016, 08:26:38 PM
Jim! Jim! they finally did it, those glorious bastards...!

Is this an 'I' thing? lacking the cross bar?
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Thanks to the glorious, part-privatised Royal Mail, I remain progless. Bafflingly, my copy of the Meg, presumably posted on the same day, from the same place, arrived promptly on Saturday morning.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

Quote from: Proudhuff on 15 August, 2016, 01:44:29 PM

Well, spotted, though if I'm honest, I wish I'd never posted anything in this thread - it's been rough.

-pj

Banners

Quote from: pauljholden on 15 August, 2016, 03:45:37 PM

Well, spotted, though if I'm honest, I wish I'd never posted anything in this thread - it's been rough.

-pj

What's all that about then...?

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2016, 01:16:55 PM

PJ lusted ... had a real 'thing' for ... (has) always been a randy sod

I don't want to sound like a weedy girl (poo-yuck!), but your new sex god status has led you into the same category confusion that bedevils most of our species*.

One of the things I really enjoy about Maybe is the way his operatic show of self recrimination and remorse concerning his role in Inga's 'death' is so obviously all about him - his emotions, his loss - rather than any externality.

Inga was the ultimate expression of Maybe's object attachment. He related to her in exactly the same way as Liana; a status symbol that performed a necessary function.

* If the difference between emotions and urges was taught in school, half of us wouldn't exist.

pauljholden

Quote from: Banners on 15 August, 2016, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 15 August, 2016, 03:45:37 PM

-pj

What's all that about then...?

(I'm joking, because "PJ")

-pj

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

Jim_Campbell

Prog arrived this morning. I wept tears of joy. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

PsychoGoatee

Random note, I wonder if Dredd will ever really catch PJ for good? My guess is PJ's tale will end with a darkly comedic/tragic demise or something of that nature.