Main Menu

Prog 2002: Retaliatory Strike!

Started by Leigh S, 08 October, 2016, 08:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

This ring a bell. An example of where Patrick is taking his imagery from.  :D. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: ZenArcade on 15 October, 2016, 02:21:01 PM
This ring a bell. An example of where Patrick is taking his imagery from.  :D. Z
Good call - I was thinking it was an Olympia reference (especially with the cameras present) but that picture is clearly the inspiration for the opening of this episode.

DrRocka

Outstanding prog for me  - everything firing on all cylinders. FLESH rarely does anything for
me, but my God, Clint's art is OUTSTANDING here.
Did anyone else spot that the lyrics in SAVAGE are from the poem "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" by the bard of the Yukon, Robert Service? Born in Preston, found fame in the gold rush. I heartily recommend "The Cremation of Sam McGee" to any squaxx who've never discovered him!
Never ever bloody anything ever

sheridan

Quote from: DrRocka on 15 October, 2016, 04:04:08 PM
Outstanding prog for me  - everything firing on all cylinders. FLESH rarely does anything for
me, but my God, Clint's art is OUTSTANDING here.
Did anyone else spot that the lyrics in SAVAGE are from the poem "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" by the bard of the Yukon, Robert Service? Born in Preston, found fame in the gold rush. I heartily recommend "The Cremation of Sam McGee" to any squaxx who've never discovered him!
I was meaning to look up the lyrics (and expecting them to be something entirely different to Yukon poetry).  Full poem here.

Stephen Parry

Add another vote for Counterfeit Girl. The themes in that are as timely as ever, if you ask me. Love the art. Really enjoying this one.

Try as I have over many, many years, Flesh just cannot, well, I must have a mental block.