Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Having read today's Damage report I'm wondering if we can expect to see 'How to Draw Comics the IPC Way'...

James Stacey

Quote from: Frank on 18 October, 2016, 06:44:23 PM
Less potential for drama when the same two people put the comic together for the last decade and a half. Maybe we'll find out Pye Parr always put too much milk in Matt Smith's tea when it was his turn to brew up.
Now thats the sort of red hot expose we'd all pay to read.

Trent

Other than storytelling necessities one of the beauties of 2000AD and the Meg is the absence of a house style.
Geniuses like Mike McMahon, D'Israeli and O'Neill sit alongside Bolland, Ranson and everything in between. Many have not really fitted in with Marvel or DC due to their idiosyncracy.
I would love to see a compendium tutorial from 2000AD artists but I maintain that 'The IPC way' is a misnomer.
A partwork from 2000AD artists a la Draw the Marvel Way would be a complete dream.
For anyone unaware of them the Wizard tutorial books are a bit superhero heavy but have tutorials from Bolland and others which are excellent.

Dash Decent

This isn't a Rebellion title but it's got lots of 2000AD people involved (how many can you spot?) and it's for a great cause.

Thought Bubble Anthology Collection: 10 Years of Comics -  Image Comics, 136 pages, paperback.

Available to buy NOW!

Celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Thought Bubble Festival, which takes place in Leeds, Northern England from Nov 1-6, 2016, this collection features short stories and art by - CHARLIE ADLARD, GABRIEL BAUTISTA, GABRIEL BA, KATE BEATON, JORDIE BELLAIRE, IVAN BRANDON, JEFFERY BROWN, MARK BUCKINGHAM, CLARK BURSCOUGH, ADAM CADWELL, MIKE CAREY, EMILY CARROLL, CLIFF CHIANG, BECKY CLOONAN, BOO COOK, FAREL DALRYMPLE, RUFUS DAYGLO, ANDY DIGGLE, D'ISRAELI, MARC ELLERBY, MING DOYLE, WARREN ELLIS, GARY ERSKINE, CARLOS EZQUERRA, RAY FAWKES, DUNCAN FEGREDO, ROBIN FURTH, LEIGH GALLAGHER, STUART GORDON, BRANDON GRAHAM, NICHOLAS GUREWITCH, TONY HARRIS, WILL MORRIS, ANTONY JOHNSTON, BARRY KITSON, ALES KOT, EMI LENOX, TULA LOTAY, SARAH MCINTYRE, FABIO MOON, STEPHEN MOONEY, RAMON PEREZ, SEAN PHILLIPS, RICK REMENDER, EMMA RIOS, TIM SALE, FIONA STAPLES, CAMERON STEWART, RICHARD STARKINGS, BABS TARR, EMMA VIECELI, ANNIE WU & SKOTTIE YOUNG. All profits from this collection go to Barnardo's, one of the largest children's charities in the UK. See more at: www.thoughtbubblefestival.com

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Just to egg the pudding further, the anthology contains a Strontium Dog/Elephantmen story and a Judge Dredd/Elephantmen story, both with art by Boo Cook.  Carlos Ezquerra adds a page for Judge Dredd/Elephantmen.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 October, 2016, 02:15:38 PM
This isn't a Rebellion title but it's got lots of 2000AD people involved (how many can you spot?) and it's for a great cause.
I make it 16. What do I win?
We never really die.

Dash Decent

You win the chance to support a great cause by buying the Thought Bubble Anthology, you lucky duck!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Cursed Earth Uncensored - paperback edition

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

The British Invasion: Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison & the Invention of the Modern Comic Book Writer

Sounds like those boys done good.  What was the name of that paper they used to work on in their early days?  The title was some kind of number I think.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 29 March, 2016, 11:49:23 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 March, 2016, 03:42:11 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 March, 2016, 12:05:14 PM
Now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK:

The 2000 AD Script Book -  Paperback, 192 pages, 9th November 2016.
By Pat Mills, John Wagner, Peter Milligan, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, Dan Abnett, Emma Beeby, Gordon Rennie, Ian Edginton, Alan Grant, Leah Moore, John Reppion, John Smith, Simon Spurrier, & Kek-W.

Original scripts and the accompanying final art from the leading comics writers from the annals of the world famous 2000 AD comic.

FROM THE MINDS OF THE MEGA-MASTERS
For the first time Rebellion presents an astonishing and insightful collection of "2000 AD" scripts, written by some of the most successful and critically lauded talent behind the Galaxy's Greatest Comic . Featuring original script drafts and the final published artwork for comparison, this is a must-have for fans of "2000 AD" and is an essential purchase for anyone interested in writing comics.

And now back to Bob in the studio.

Cover for the script book.

New cover - with the short-lived rectangular logo retconned out of existence (and wasn't there another hovering display, perhaps even referring to a Mr Feet Smells of this parish?).

New new cover
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Have to say I adore that new cover! Henry Flint at his astonishing best.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 November, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
Have to say I adore that new cover! Henry Flint at his astonishing best.

So do I - Mr Flint always delivers the goods.

Dash Decent

It's come a long way from that initial cover, though I do like the dimensions of the original, suggesting something more squat and bookish.  The Henry Flint cover is brilliant* but looks like it has the dimensions of other 2000AD trades (which isn't necessarily a bad thing when you're trying to shelve everything together) and the 2000 AD logo seems too small.

*...though how can Tharg tell off the droids for bad scripts if they're pumped out of his brain?  Are the droids acting as degradation filters to reduce the enormous amount of thrill power in each Tharg-inspired tale to levels mere human readers can cope with?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 November, 2016, 09:22:50 PM
It's come a long way from that initial cover, though I do like the dimensions of the original, suggesting something more squat and bookish.  The Henry Flint cover is brilliant* but looks like it has the dimensions of other 2000AD trades...

The book's got a corresponding page of finished comic for every page of script, so it's no real wonder it had to be standard 2k trade dimensions.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Oh yes, I appreciate that but the dimensions of the first design suggest it may not have always been the intention.  Also it's a more pleasing shape!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll