Main Menu

The Smiling Dredd archive

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 19 October, 2016, 12:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Don't forget when Dredd went "moon crazy" and "flipped his lid for sure" in Return To Mega-City, prog 59.

norton canes

You'd think he would have at least, you know, called the judges or something.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: norton canes on 21 October, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
You'd think he would have at least, you know, called the judges or something.

Or even drove.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Just got up to Prog 24 on my prog slog - in The Wreath Murders, Dredd smiles while gloating on the impending death of a perp who's snatched his lawgiver (dialogue: "The programming also includes a self-destruct mechanism if anyone else tries to use it!")

Dark Jimbo

Has nobody mentioned Prog 2000 yet?

@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

I forgot about that one!  That was during Alan Grant's weed-obsession phase; and was a not-very-good story featuring a stoned Dredd giggling uncontrollably throughout.  And this not long after his dire Batman story about the perils of the evil drug marijuana (featuring kids hallucinating dinosaurs after smoking a spliff, and Robin making a cringeworthy speech about how he will NEVER ABUSE DRUGS. How did Grant Morrison every manage to take up the bat-reins after that?).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

morpheas

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 October, 2016, 11:38:11 AM
And I seem to remember a hint of a smile on Dredd's face when he first contemplated the tight boots option.

JayzusB.Christ

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

morpheas

We need more smiling Dredd in the forum, so here you go.
(...It's more of a vicious grinning Dredd)

Pete Wells

Hi-Ex poster from Colin MacNeil:

And, of course, this classic from Cliff Robinson:

Richard

There's Texas City Sting (Megazine volume 2 no.1-3) where Dredd elbows someone in the balls, with a massive grin. Totally out of character, but very funny.

Richard

Also I think he smiles in the last panel of City of the Damned, but I'm too lazy to go and look.