Main Menu

Judge Dredd vs. The Big Two!

Started by robocook, 28 December, 2011, 11:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Very nice as always, Steve.
I seem to recall somebody had the original art for this up on the CAF website, but i cant seem to find it at the moment.

Anyway back to more pressing matters -  no Barbi Benton updates this week?  ;)

Having a bit of a nosey around your Blog its nice to see the Oh Wicked Wanda piece. Just sublime (and mucky) art from the great Ron Embleton.

robocook

robocook

Colin YNWA

That Monkey Business (well ape but I'll not let one of my personnel bugbears spoil the fun) cover is one of my favourites, its chuffin' wonderful. Also very nice to be reminded if that fantastic Shaky Kane Doom Patrol cover.

Spikes

Thats another cracker, Steve. Always nice to see these, especially the McMahon ones.

Oh and by the way, i notice you recieved a thank you in the art of Judge Dredd covers book, can you say which covers you helped out with?

robocook

Y'know, I can't actually remember which ones. I'll wait 'til I get a copy and remind myself. It wasn't many though, most of the wanted issues weren't ones that I had in my collection. Having said that, I still keep finding stuff that I'd forgotten all about.

Spikes

Interesting to see these, Steve!
Books like Thrill-Power Overload would have benefited from behind-the-scenes stuff like this.

robocook

maryanddavid

That Masterman one is brilliant.

Frank

Quote from: robocook on 13 October, 2012, 09:37:01 AM
A couple of 2000AD gems if you can be arsed! :) http://secret-oranges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/nemesis-vs-torquemada.html

I can always be arsed, Steve. Fnar. Speaking of filth, there's just something really perverted about everything O'Neill's ever drawn, isn't there? The idea of a spiral staircase winding its way up to someone's arse, and of that being the object of monumental statuary is just ... troubling and very subversive, when you consider the purpose and typical subjects of such commemoration in our own time. Maybe the Comic Code had a point.

The way architecture, furniture, vehicles and the supporting cast of characters all seem to take on the physical characteristics and design aesthetic of the two major protagonists really emphasises the way Torquemada and Nemesis were the physical embodiment of two conflicting ideologies, two entire civilisations, and of two inimicable world views. Brilliant, brilliant stuff Steve. Thanks so much for sharing the treasures of your hoard.

robocook

You are very welcome! Good comments. Feel free to post stuff like that on the blog if you like, it's good to get comments up there. Thanks!