Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Speaking of Ezquerra, I just secured these for the nation and they'll eventually go on display in the Nerve Centre, as Tharg intended.

Bolt-01

Nice work, Molch-R. All hail Tharg.

So, will these be available to view as part of a tour?

ming

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 March, 2016, 12:47:24 PMSpeaking of Ezquerra, I just secured these for the nation and they'll eventually go on display in the Nerve Centre, as Tharg intended.

Blimey!  Great to hear - can we all come and visit?  Were these an addition to an official '2000AD' art collection, or just a personal purchase that you're too scared to keep at home in case we all know where you live?  There are few pages in the history of the Galaxy's Greatest as important as these...  sheer perfection.

Dark Jimbo

As a newer reader, there are some stories you ache to have been there to read week-by-week first time around, and by Jingo that's one of 'em.
@jamesfeistdraws

Skullmo

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 March, 2016, 12:47:24 PM

Speaking of Ezquerra, I just secured these for the nation and they'll eventually go on display in the Nerve Centre, as Tharg intended.

Wonderful pages!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Gives me the opportunity to post these again - I got these directly from Carlos a couple of years ago :D

For me it's an episode that you really could not break up!

I would have got the episode where Alpha kills Bubba as well but that one was never returned to him unfortunately  >:(

Skullmo

Oh, if anyone is interested in getting any original Carlos Ezquerra art drop me a PM.

He recently sorted out his files so I have an idea of what he has left. No Apocalypse War but some classic Dredd, Stront and Stainless Steel Rat.

Bolt-01

AAaaaAAAaaaGGGHHHH, must resist...

Molch-R

Quote from: ming on 01 March, 2016, 01:31:05 PM
Were these an addition to an official '2000AD' art collection, or just a personal purchase that you're too scared to keep at home in case we all know where you live?

Haha! Kinda - this is my favourite moment in all of comics ever, seems a shame to keep it just for myself. Also, we don't have original art in the Nerve Centre aside from a couple of production pieces, so it'd be nice to have it on the wall here.

Steve Green

Spikes

Quote from: Molch-R on 01 March, 2016, 12:47:24 PM

Quality. Pure quality.

And Steve; Was sind sie, bitte ?

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 01 March, 2016, 05:48:15 PMAnd Steve; Was sind sie, bitte ?

From Carlos' FB art page... He's got stuff for sale :)

Spikes

Link Prime

Jesus H Ezquerra, the thread that keeps on giving.