Main Menu

The Zarjaz & Dogbreath Thread.

Started by Bolt-01, 09 July, 2010, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall collect one of these beauties at Thought Bubble my good man!

Dandontdare

Me too! (and probably one or two by mistake that I already own, if past form's anything to go by!)

Bolt-01

Now available!

Beneath the cover by Daniel Dwyer, the winner of the 2000 AD Thought Bubble competition in 2014, we bring you more thrills than you should be allowed to access in a single sitting. 48 pages for the amazing price of £3.00.

Strips:

A.B.C. Warriors- Red Spice by writer Lee Robson and artist Alfie Gallagher

A.B.C. Warriors- Rover by Martin Currie
http://www.futurequake.co.uk/imagebucket/Z25/ABC-RoverBlog.jpg

Future Shock- Trash Ed by writer Ryan King and artist Stephen Prestwood

Judge Dredd-The Epiphany Of Treasure Highland by writer Mark Howard and artist Daniel Dwyer

Rogue Trooper - Lone Gunnar by Martin Currie

Rogue Trooper - The Walking Dead by writer Lee Robson and artist James Newell

Shakara- The fourth Buggerian by Scott Twells

Tales Of Mega-City 1- The Story of Jjon Pepps by writer Alistair Mclean and artist Danos Philopoulos

Still only £3.00, you don't deserve it! Available from the FQP Webshop

For those of you who prefer to pick up your thrills in person, we will be at the Thought Bubble gig in Leeds over the weekend of 14-15 November. Stop by, say hi and collect your thrills in person!

Remember, it's not called Zarjaz! for nothing.

Bolt-01

flippi-neck! What a weekend.

Normally I come back from a gig all exhausted, but this year I feel energised! Maybe it is because TB is quite simply my favourite gig, maybe it is the droids bigging FQP up, maybe it is the droid who agreed to draw a Dogbreath cover, or even the astounding prize we have been gifted with by Planet replicas and maybe it is that Joe Palmer- winner of the art comp- is a artist I've worked with extrensively over the last year or so. Maybe it is any one of those but It is also very likely to be a combination of all of the above.

The reason I'm here today though is that one of my favourite art machines, Dave Broughton, has posted one of his magnificent breakdown posts on his blog.

This time he is looking at the creation of the strip in Zarjaz 24: JUDGE DREDD- YET ANOTHER RAINY DAY

The strip is still available as part of Zarjaz 24- overview of the comic right here.

Thanks to dave for sending me the link to this- in all the kerfuffle post Thought Bubble I'd missed it!

The Legendary Shark

I love Dave's strip breakdowns - not to mention his finished work. He's a properly top-notch artist who deserves to be on Tharg's roster.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Welcome back, Squaxx as it is now time to revel in the glorious covers for the new comics:

First we have Zarjaz #26, with a cover by Paul Marshall coloured by Owen Watts. I've wanted to get Paul to draw for Zarjaz for a long time, and I'm not dissappointed.

Cover photo by Steve Green, featuring Matthew Simpson as Johnny Alpha and Kevin Horsham as Wulf Sternhammer from the upcoming  Fan Film Search & Destroy

Thanks to the Steve's for all the work involved in making this happen. It was a treat for me as this composition was requested to compliment the first Dogbreath cover we did, back in the mists of time...

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Proudhuff

That's better than some recent progs!!
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Bolt-01

ON SALE NOW OVER AT: The FQP Webshop!

Dogbreath #31. Cover photo by Steve Green, featuring Matthew Simpson as Johnny Alpha and Kevin Horsham as Wulf Sternhammer from the upcoming Fan Film  Search & Destroy

Welcome back to the Doghouse. Within the pages of Dogbreath 31 you will find 8 tales taken straight from the files of the GCC.  48 pages for the amazing price of £3.00.

Strips:

Durham Red- Like A Dog by writer Lee Robson and artist Paul Williams

Gronk- Where's Gronk by writer Steve Hargett and artist Nigel Dobbyn

Strontium Dog - The Scowl And The Pussycat by writer Matt Sharp and artist Neil Sims

Strontium Dog - Toad in the hole by writer Ursula Kincaid and artist Leigh Shepherd

Strontium Dog- No Choice At All by writer Lee Robson and artist David Broughton

Strontium Dog's- DogBreath the Dog- Rubbish by writer Mark Howard and artist Bolt-01

Strontium Dog's- Flys Eyes Wagner- The Dark by writer Alec Charles and artist Scott Twells

Tales Of The Doghouse- The Only Vet in the Doghouse by writer Oscar Maltby and artist Bolt-01

Zarjaz #26. Cover art by: Paul Marshall, colours by Owen Watts.

Within the pages of Zarjaz 26, Peeps the droids smuggles 6 tales from the sub-sub basement of the Nerve Centre!  44 pages for the amazing price of £3.00.

Strips:

Anderson PSI -Long Way Home by writer Lee Robson and artist Bryan Coyle

Brigand Doom- Paper Cubs by writer Mark Howard and artist Alexander Mines

Judge Dredd -Billion Credit Heist by writer Karl Stock and artist Jon Taylor

Judge Dredd- The Boys Next door by writer Lee Robson and artist Jim Lavery

Strontium Dog –Time Twister by writer Mark Howard and artist Darren Stephens

Tales Of Mega-City one- A Day In The life by writer Santiago Mayaud and artist Conor Boyle

Remeber folk, it ain't called ZARJAZ for nothing.

Still only £3.00, you don't deserve it!

Visit The FQP Webshop! for the full range of issues available and don't forget, every issue sold between today and the end of April will come with a raffle ticket to enter the competition to win a GCC badge!

Bolt-01

Welcome back Squaxx, rather than dump all the images for the new issues now I'll do a regular drop each day for the next few weeks.

The same is taking place over on The Quaequam Blogtoo, so I'll try to make sure we run a different image each day.

Today we start with Dogbreath, the longest running of the 2000 AD fanzines.

Durham Red- Like A Dog- by Lee Robson & Paul Williams, the team behind the recent daily Zarjaz Judge Dredd- Season Finale

Join us tomorrow as we start to loook at Zarjaz in a little more depth and don't forget that all sales between now and the end of April will qualify to enter:

Bolt-01

Today we start to look at the strips in Zarjaz, beginning with

JUDGE DREDD: Billion Credit Heist by Karl Stock & Jon Taylor.

Join us next time for a sneak peek from Dogbreath!

Bat King

I have three articles on the way regarding these titles.

Two are reviews, one for each title obviously. The third is self pimpery about my story in Dogbreath - 'Where's Gronk?' with Nigel Dobbyn.

I had hoped to have the reviews up by today but the sad death of the Mum of one of my closest friend meant time - out from writing to be there for him. That's by the by of course.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

That's both of these beauties bought! At least these turn up a lot quicker than everything else ;)

flip-r mk2

Received my copies this morning, kudos to all involved as usual especially Bolt 01 :)

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana