Main Menu

The FutureQuake and Something Wicked Thread

Started by Emperor, 06 September, 2010, 11:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Over on the FQP Blog we have just run a lead in strip to help with the launch of the new FQ:

Maulrats

Dick Jillings (Writer) prevaricates over draft 2 of his first novel, a redemptive love story between Frankenstein's monster and a clay zombie, by penning comic strips. Dick originally hails from Lowestoft.

Richard Rudge (Art) is a UK based artist with his head so far in the clouds it's in outer space! When not inking comics for FutureQuake he's publishing his own webcomic "Galactic Scrap Collector" Twitter: @RLRudge
Galactic Scrap Collector

Thanks to Dick and Richard for allowing us to run the strip on the blog

Bolt-01

Bolt-01

FUTUREQUAKE & SOMETHING WICKED- CLOSED TO SCRIPTS

Due to the sheer volume of scripts with us here at FQP, both commissioned and under submission; we are closing the doors to new submissions for FutureQuake & Something Wicked. Any scripts received after posting this will be returned unread for the foreseeable future.

Many thanks to all of you out there for supporting FQP.

FQP will be back with new issues of both FutureQuake and Something Wicked in November 2015, and we will be at Thought Bubble.

Background: FQP currently has over 60 strips active, with a further 50 waiting for an artist and over 30 scripts waiting to be read. As FQP only publish around 50 strips a year we are approaching the point where there are significant delays to both writers and artists seeing their work in print. All scripts currently received will be read and those of sufficient quality will be commissioned.

Proudhuff

That's a healthily position to be in and no mistake!  :D
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

It is, unless you are one of the growing number of writers waiting months for a script to be read, then having to work on it again to please editorial, then having to wait almost a year in some cases for the artist to sign on.

I'm hoping that by closing for a while now we can get a healthier turnaround for all creatives.

Proudhuff

ah, point taken, damn those pencil monkeys!
DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Launching this weekend- FutureQuake #28 with the usual assortment of awesome strips. This time around we talked Steven Austin into providing us a wraparound cover! Then, as if the cover art enough we got Darren Stephens to colour it.

The real thing just has to be seen to be believed.

Available from the FQP Webshop

For those of you who prefer to pick up your thrills in person, we will be at the Thought Bubble gig in Leeds over the weekend of 14-15 November. Stop by, say hi and collect your thrills in person!

Bolt-01

FutureQuake is back! The finest talents in the small press are here again to save you from boredom. Where else in the printed world can you get this much variety for such a small outlay? 48 pages for only £4.00 and a wraparound cover by artists Steven Austin and Darren Stephens. It would be an insult to all of creation to ask for less!

Strips:

Barry's Nose by writer Rory McConville and artist Scott Twells

Cop Killer by writer Tim Perry and artist Joe Palmer

Monitors by writer Jonathan Harris and artist Wesley St Clair

Old by writer Michelle Wilkinson and artist A I Miller

Orionid by writer Virgil Yendell and artist Neil Sims

Peaceful Farewell by writer Blas Bigatti and artist Adam Caudill

Revolution 1010 by writer Mike Yeoman and artist Steven Austin

The Final Boss by writer Dave Cook and artist RH Stewart

The Long Sleep by writer Robert Lefebvre and artist David Valente

The Gods Tear by writer JJ Robinson and artist Alex Paterson

Wanted by writer Marcello Bondi and artist Mattia Marini

Available NOW from the FQP Webshop

Bolt-01

Once again it is time to prepare yourself for the arrival of something Wicked! Issue 11 features a cover by Matt Sandbrook who offers you a warm welcome to this year's issue. 48 pages for a mere £4.00

Strips:

Be A Doll by writer Ryan Tandy and artist Ross Bampfylde

Greed and Other Human Compulsions by writer Chris Tresson and artist Shaun Speight

Guilty by writer Michelle Wilkinson   and artist Andy Micheal

Hang Him by writer Marcello Bondi and artist Marco Arzilli

Horror Stories by Jack Davies

The Curious Tale of Hartigan Hare by writer JJ Robinson and artists Bryan Coyle & Alex Paterson

The Irony Fairy by writer Andy Oldfield and artist Rui Mendes

The Last of the Camel Leopards by writer Karl Brandt and artist Peter Woods

The Sultans Painting by writer Phil Madden and artist Rui Mendes

The Warm Welcome by writer Ryk Brink and artist Matt Sandbrook

Bolt-01

Has nobody 'anything' to say about the comics?

Sheesh- meantime- Neroy Sphinx is racking up some great reviews, most recently over at Shelf Abuse.

If anyone out there is still in two minds about picking up the best value collection on the market these days, they are Available from the FQP Webshop and you'd be a Grexnix to miss out!

Ghastly McNasty

I bought both these beauties at Thought Bubble. Not had a chance to read in full yet but Revolution 1010, the cover story for FutureQuake, is brillant.

Chris Tresson

Bolt-01

Cheers Chris- all those guys get the review pdf's...

Chris Tresson

Damn. I think we're going to have to start kidnapping family members then... :lol:

Bolt-01

Exciting news, readers!

FutureQuake is now on comixology!

We are proud to announce that following on from a bit ol' waiting period while the book was accepted, FutureQuake #27 is available for $1.99 or £1.49 via the comixology Submit platform.

Direct Link to the issue

(I thought we were going to be on sale at 0.99c (0,69p) but something might have been pressed wrong)

So, if you have 'ever' dithered over the thought of buying possibly the best UK based 'small press' anthology, take this opportunity to jump on board and discover just why FQP are such a highly regarded stable.

Details of the contents are available here and the entire FQP catalogue is available here

Hopefully this is just the beginning of the content available via comixology! (and before anyone asks- no, Zarjaz & Dogbreath will not be joining in- I doubt very much that Tharg would approve)