Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2015

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 March, 2014, 08:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

BPP

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 17 June, 2015, 11:34:22 PM
Wilds End will have another mini-series out this year (haven't read the first one, worth a punt?)

It's 11/10. Probably only Rover Red Charlie and Stray Bulllets were better last year. The dialogue is fantastic, the art beautiful and deft and the attrition rate surprisingly satisfactorily high. Can't recommend it enough.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Adventurer

Wilds End is definitely top 5 of the year material for me as well. Just behind stuff like Usagi Yojimbo, Copperhead, and Autumlands.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Zarjazzer

Lando from  star wars, Marvel have done a good job. Lovely art from Alex Maleev. I'd forgotten I'd ordered it and was pleasantly surprised on my day off.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Colin YNWA

There's a number of the Star Wars comics from Marvel that I'm interested in - Lando and Leia being the prime examples but I'd be tempted by Darth Vadar (always like a villain comic) but I'm waiting for the price to come down on the digital editions... with Marvel that means patience might be required!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

That Kevin O'Neill can do no wrong now, can he? :o

Fungus

Slipcases feature quite highly on my list of Pointless Things, but the Nemo one looks just glorious.

Colin YNWA

Well this thread should have run its course by now BUT even though I think I'm quite well in touch with what's going on in the world of comics ... I'm clearly not. Pottered into Blackwell's today and saw a few books I'd never even heard of. Firstly Woody Guthrie: And the Dust Bowl Ballards, that's part of my wife B'day pressie sorted!

Secondly Bouncer by Jodorowsky. Since we ain't getting Blueberry anytime soon by the look this will have to do (I actually think I had heard of this but forgotten).

Finally I've been thinking of reading some Sven Hassel books for ages now, having loved them as a kid, but kinda worry that they may be a bit crap. BUT I then see that there's a rather lovely looking comics adaption of Wheels of Terror (his first book I think?) out so shall be having some of that.

Now if you chaps would kindly keep me better informed the staff of Blackwells wouldn't have to put up with my over excited fannish yelps!

PsychoGoatee

In 2015 I'm most excited about 2000AD (including the Megazine), Savage Dragon, and Invincible... ditto for 2016!  :D

I'm sure I'll enjoy some new titles as well, I just am a marathoning stuff kind of guy for most entertainment. I almost can't even look at a fresh new comic if it's under 10 issues.