Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2015

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 March, 2014, 08:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

Looks like Titan are going for more big names for their European line next year:

Hawkmumbler

Thats the first time i've ever heard of it but it looks just like the technicolour mind fuck I love in comics so much.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 03 July, 2014, 07:31:46 AM
Thats the first time i've ever heard of it but it looks just like the technicolour mind fuck I love in comics so much.

Druillet would be one of these people Pat Mills would name drop as a influence on him and the formation of 2000AD.

Greg M.

The saga of Lone Sloane (particularly and obviously 'Delirius') is some of my favourite comics work ever. Druillet is one of the most astonishing artists in the medium.

Colin YNWA

Yeah have to be honest never heard of this but the recommendations here have me looking and intrigued. Will give this a go.

How much did his work influence Barry Windsor-Smith's work of around that time!

Frank

Always keen to parade my ignorance, that's an unfamiliar name to me as well. That image above and random googling throw up lots of imagery of twisted anthropomorphic landscapes and architecture which look like a blend of Journey Into Hell-era Ezquerra, Nemesis-era Kev O'Neill, and anytime-era Brendan McCarthy. You don't see that combination of qualities outside the sublime Henry Flint, which is another high recommendation for me to see if I can get a look at a copy of this.

Cheers, Otter.

Colin YNWA

I'm so excited about this that I almost gave it its own thread... but then... well we do have this thread so figured it should go here after all.

In March next year Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormston are releasing a new ongoing (I think) 'The Black Hammer'.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53876

Not quite sure why I'm so excited but I am. I like chunks of what I've read of Jeff Lemires work. Love Dean Ormston but haven't seen anything by him for a long time and really like the concept. So all in all I should be pretty excite but I'm not I'm super excited. So excited it would seem I've become a 90s Valley Girl.

Go figure.

Ancient Otter

Good news for Geoff Darrow fans, Dark Horse will:

- translate and release Bourbon Thret

- collect and release the Burlyman Comics Shaolin Cowboy first, then the Dark Horse Comics stories.

- release a gallery edition of Big Guy and Rusty

Colin YNWA

There's plenty of time for this to change but the two that stood out for me were Kurt Busiek and Ben Dewey's Tooth and Claw and Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko's Invisible Republic.

Still wait to hear about a few more to make my mind up.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Greg M. on 03 July, 2014, 05:58:45 PM
The saga of Lone Sloane (particularly and obviously 'Delirius') is some of my favourite comics work ever. Druillet is one of the most astonishing artists in the medium.

Titan will release Delirius in 2015 too and CAM KENNEDY ALERT they are releasing in The Light and Darkness War in a hardback collection.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 23 July, 2014, 09:11:22 PM
Good news for Geoff Darrow fans, Dark Horse will:

- collect and release the Burlyman Comics Shaolin Cowboy first, then the Dark Horse Comics stories.

Burlyman Entertainment will probably get a collection of their Shaolin Cowboy stories just out before the end of 2014 published by themselves, not by Dark Horse as I originally thought.

Ancient Otter

New series by Richard Corben on the way from Dark Horse - Rat God.

The Adventurer

Its coming...

My theory, Crisis on Infinite Earth style planet co-habitation merging. Followed by Sonic/Mega Man amalgam.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK