Main Menu

Frank Millar's latest masterpiece.

Started by James Dilworth, 13 October, 2015, 01:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Dilworth

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 October, 2015, 10:29:36 PM
I can't take it, I just can't.
This is just too much. 
Yeah, you can criticise the guy to some degree, but Millar? MILLAR????

Yeah I noticed as soon as I posted it.  Oops.

TordelBack

Quote from: James Dilworth on 14 October, 2015, 11:41:21 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 14 October, 2015, 10:29:36 PM
I can't take it, I just can't.
This is just too much. 
Yeah, you can criticise the guy to some degree, but Millar? MILLAR????

Yeah I noticed as soon as I posted it.  Oops.

Ehhn, two birds, one stone.

Apestrife

Dark Knight Returns 30th Anniversary Panel – NYCC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjrClv5rDGY

Miller says it's Brian Azzarello's show, that he's more of a consultant. Makes me quite curious, and also very hopeful about the story.

Azzarello has also said in an interview that elements from Batman #44 (which Azzarello co-penned) will finds it's way into his and Miller's Dark Knight.
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/sep/15/batman-confronts-police-brutality-in-latest-comic-book

Here's an (one of several) analysis of Batman 44. http://www.avclub.com/article/chilling-batman-44-explores-tangled-roots-urban-cr-225174

I think there'll be some interesting nuances to this story.

Link Prime

I'll openly admit that I'm looking forward to DK III as a huge fan of the original and a passive fan of the first sequel.

I don't think many of you read the regular Batman comic, but the issue Apestrife mentions (last months issue 44) was solid gold, and definitely worth checking out.

Pretty much a stand-alone story, co-written by Azzarrello & Snyder with beautiful artwork by Jock.
A great comic.

Dandontdare

I'll almost certainly buy it in the same way that I'll always go and see a Star Wars film, despite the 3 prequels. DKR was such a great and formative comic, and I didn't hate the sequel as much as some people.

Hawkmumbler

I feel like such a hipster and even a little bit awful being the only guy hating on TDK. Really, I mean it. I can admire a single book has garnered so much respect and adoration from fans.

But come one!

Spikes

Least this thread, and all this talk of Frank Miller, has served to remind me that I needed to track down the exclusive Martha Washington comic (featuring the hard to get hold of story 'Logistics') that came with her action figure, in order to complete my floppy collection.

Professor Bear

Makes me think of a kid drawing a gritty version of Bananaman.

TordelBack

Quote from: Zombear on 17 October, 2015, 02:17:35 PM
Makes me think of a kid drawing a gritty version of Bananaman.

Do it. Do it now.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 October, 2015, 10:50:34 PM
Oh yeah, that cover's shit but isn't Supes supposed to be annoyed by the little prick, hence the frustrated dump look?
You're right, he's always had a little prick, why you can see it right there, no wonder he's frustrated, even wearing supergirl's pants isn't stirring him any more.
DDT did a job on me

Apestrife

Seriously, I can't wait getting my hands on the book. The colours are amazing. Everything pops.

Also, The Dark Knight: Master Race #2 mini comic will be Wonder Woman, drawn by Eduardo Risso!!!

JayzusB.Christ

That actually looks pretty good.  Looking forward to it.  But that Superman cover is fucking shite.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Apestrife

Seems like Miller is already thinking of TDKIV.

http://www.newsarama.com/26829-frank-miller-klaus-janson-talk-dk3-s-female-focus-and-dk4-to-come.html

While it's a sign he's feeling better, wanting to create more Batman (also Sin City) by himself, I'm not so sure about giving him a go at it on his own.

If it's the case, then I hope he's gotten over the anger that (according to the Paris panel) made him write Holy Terror.

Timothy

I was pleasantly surprised by issue 1, although that might be because Bats - whose characterisation I found so objectionable in All Star B & R - wasn't in it. It did feel more slight than the previous Dark Knight books and the page count is certainly lower but this is balanced by the mini comic thing inside. A good solid start though and it left me looking forward to part 2.

Hawkmumbler

WHAAT???!! ARE YOU RETARDED OR SOMETHING??!! IT'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!!!