Main Menu

Out of Print Classics

Started by Hawkmumbler, 20 November, 2015, 11:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

The entire original Crossgen catalog. Marvel/Disney have the rights, and their half-assed revival are avalible digitally, but they clearly have no interest in bringing the old material back to print, or even to digital posterity.

Infuriating.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Judge Nutmeg

lobo/the mask two part crossover by Alan Grant and John Arcudi with art by Doug Mahnke, used to love the old mask comics speaking of which....

Walter: campaign of terror ,4 part spin off featuring the mask's brutal enemy

marshal law/savage dragon and marshal law/pinhead

death race 2020 Pat Mill's and a few issues by Kevin O' Neill , annoyingly ceased publishing without a finale

hellbreed- the hellraiser/nightbreed crossover

the complete Lobo library  -all the issues and spinoffs and remains of banned issues

flinch- vertigo's all star horror anthology

metallzoic

reprints of scream and hookjaw , with rebellion republishing old fleetway stuff who knows....

Judge Nutmeg

oh and Jason vs Leatherface - 3 part series with covers by Simon Bisley
the seven prequel graphic novel as it's stupidly priced now same goes for halloween; night dance and halloween; the deaths of Laurie Strode.

ThryllSeekyr

On the subject of GN's that have gone missing from my collection....

Metalzoic...Out of Print, very easy to find on Ebay. (I guess!)

Slaine - Warriors Dawn - Part One published by Titan. Of great sentimental value, because I recall buying this one from Daily Planet Comics in the city in 1989 or 90. My very first Slaine GN and while I know that sounds a little odd to feel that way about roughly rectangular  piece of cardboard with numerous sheets of paper covered in inked panels covered doodles and other pages just filled with scribble. Which has ben mine for  along time. Even though it did look kind of second hand when I first found it on the shelf of this imported comic book store that has now since moved along the street and onto another block where it's not so fantastic as it once was. No longer the place filled with so many obscure European comics, illustrated by Richard Corben and including Heavy Metal Magazine and other more adult related material. I recall buying the above mentioned magazines, to read episodes of
Bodyssey
, Den, Tex-Arcana and something to do with Rastaarfarians that I found funny, along with what I could find related to Slaine among the small amount of 2000AD and Titan material they had piled up on table near the front of the store.

If the book was lost or misplaced or had found it's way into another hands, and they have no intention of returning this one. Atleast, I hope they take good care of it as out of print piece of antiquity.

Slaine - Lord of the Beasts, The latest reprint that did once complete my Slaine collection. Easy to replace, but I'm not really made of money at the moment, and this won't be done too soon. Beside, I have the also collected Slaine entirely with downloads as well. Like, I still have the GN as PDF, in one of my file-folders. I have them all, after buying them once a fortnight and a couple of times more than one at a time. I did finally read enough of Secret Commonwealth (Some thing I noticed in Fallout Four  as well!) to see it doesn' t gel with the rest of Celtic-Berzerkers continuity and never like that Robym, Megrim 's dwarfish servant look exactly like a War-Hammer fantasy goblin.

So, I can replace everything above, but that particular Titan published ]Slaine -Warriors Dawn is special to me and I just hope doesn't trashed or recycled. I don't really need to replace it, since I do have another just like it. With auto-graphed hand-drawn picture of that protagonist kicking his dwarfish sidekick in the prosterior or just showing flying off the end of his foot by Mike MacMahon. I will go completely bonkers if that one goes missing. It was one of the ones I found on Ebay and there are a few Best of Progs of Slaine -Time-Killer autographed by Mills and Fabry I brought as well. Not to mention heavily stained Horned God. Not the full story and it's one of the foreign printings in a large hardback cover. Autographed by Bisley with a photo of him doing just that. Sadly, none of these were mine when they were autographed. Never met any of Team-Slaine in person. 

Does anybody remember these...

Tan coloured Leather folders Embossed with the S Logo for holding progs and those Quality Comics.

I ordered one, even though they were unauthorised and was planning to put all my Quality Slaine's in that one. That fact that I hadn't done this yet , even after ordering all those plastic sleeves might have moved the local burglar to take it and the fact that they might have known that it was not legit. Fancying themselves as unofficial authority against such things when they found mine. Yet, this is just speculation and might be lying underneath the clutter in my room.

Pity, they don't appear to make those anymore.

ThryllSeekyr

I just went over to the book shelf to find that autograph copy of Horned God and also the lost Titan - Published - Slaine.

Whoo-Hoo....

The others are still missing or possibly miss-placed!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 20 November, 2015, 01:43:45 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 November, 2015, 01:36:52 PM
Quote from: ming on 20 November, 2015, 11:19:56 AM
Metalzoic.  More than a bit gutted that after so many years in the wilderness the reprint plans for this didn't pan out...  (I have the original DC book but the Prog version, being in B&W, is far preferable, even on bog paper).  One day I hope to see all this resolved; such a great story and the artwork is up there with the very best of O'Neill.

Speaking of which...I lost mine or somebody got into my room and nicked it.

Have you checked under any of your copies of Conquering Armies?  ;)

I just got out the newer version with the forward written by Pat Mills writes a lot of good stuff on that one page. Worth getting if your a big fan and like see to what he used to inspire some of the Slaine artists. I think this was for Fabry  and it would appear my original copy in poster book form has gone missing. 

Despite eh snazzy brand new, it doesn't replace the old poster sized volume or it only replaces the old one as small, colourised (Something is lost in this process....) and with bonus material which is what really made than newer book.

The only problem with the old one was that both front and back covers are unattached to the rest of binding. This was how it was sold to me.

Still looking around, think misplaced this one again or somebody uses my room when I'm not around.

I hate that, but I think they know it as well.

You know why clutter my room and the place where I rest now, in case they sneak a girl in with them and toss their yogurt juice everywhere. Aside from yuck!! It really hurts when your not getting any of that yourself.

I mean the girl really and not the yogurt!

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 November, 2015, 11:04:55 AM

I for one have always been frustrated with how American Flagg! has been treated by the likes of Image, Dynamite and Titan. It's a brilliant comic, from what some 12 issues i've read and in dire need of a proper omnibus release, not the slap dash part releases we've seen thus far.

I picked up the Image / Dynamic Forces Hardback volume 1 a few years back.  It really does do justice to them but only reprints the first 14 issues.  To this day this is the only volume that was produced.  The paperback volume 1 and 2 covers the same period.  This was my first and only experience with Flagg despite having been aware of it for a long time.  Reading various different reviews, I'm not sure if I want to go any further.  There seems to be a consensus that this was the best. 

What I would love to see is the sequels to Colin Wilson's Rael printed in English.  The first volume had everything that was / is great about his work.  The story wasn't amazing but the art truly was.  I may eventually bite the bullet and get the French editions just to be able to enjoy the visuals.

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 21 November, 2015, 12:30:25 AM
halloween; night dance

Halloween: Nightdance is in my opinion one of the greatest tie-in comics ever produced.
It's also blackly horrific, I think the only comic I've found disturbing (as an adult).

I've the collected edition, luckily picked it up years ago at cover price.

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 November, 2015, 11:06:54 AM
Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 21 November, 2015, 12:30:25 AM
halloween; night dance

Halloween: Nightdance is in my opinion one of the greatest tie-in comics ever produced.
It's also blackly horrific, I think the only comic I've found disturbing (as an adult).

I've the collected edition, luckily picked it up years ago at cover price.

I chanced upon a copy at the library years ago and was very impressed , it tapped back into how weird Myers was in the original film with his little pranks , much more disturbing than the sequels

Skullmo

Ace Trucking volume 1 obviously.

Aprt from that I would like to see Adamov's Dayak reprinted - it is a brilliant story.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Silent_Bomber

The Spider Phonebook that includes "The Spider Vs the Sinister Seven"
Spellbinder Phonebooks that include the Goddard's Mess time travel arc
Leopard From Lime Street Phonebooks
Mytek the Mighty Phonebook that Includes Tyron the Invincible
Kelly's Eye Phonebooks
Cat Girl (Sally) Phonebooks
The Trigan Empire
Jinty collections inc Fran of the Floods, Land of no Tears, The Human Zoo, Worlds Apart, & Slave of Form 3B

Also, anyone know what's happening with Nikolai Dante?

Valda Phonebooks
V For Vengeance
The Skald Saga
The Anglerre Saga
Supercats Phonebook

Johnny Future Phonebook

Heros the Spartan

Strange Apparitions
Going Sane
Two-Face: Eye of the Beholder Hardback

Spider-Man Harry Osborn Saga

Battle Angel Alita

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 17 June, 1970, 03:24:16 PMflinch

You know Vertigo are starting collections of this in the next few months?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Silent_Bomber on 22 November, 2015, 07:16:54 PM
Battle Angel Alita
Kodansha US are sitting on it for the time being. It's too soon for a reprinting after Viz lost the rights but if their Tumblr is to be believed we can see Alita in print again soon.

Ancient Otter

Eden: It's An Endless World! & No. 5 , two of my favourite manga series I have ever read, they didn't even get finished in English.

Even if you didn't like manga, they were worth a look, the European and American influences on No. 5 make it stand out a million miles from other manga.

The Adventurer

I tried reading Volum 1 of Eden a few years ago and something about its political tone made me cringe. So I dropped it like a hot potato   

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK