Main Menu

Rebellion buys classic comic archive

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 August, 2016, 10:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 25 August, 2016, 07:10:30 PM
Great news, good to hear that so many British comics of the 70s and 80s are now with a company who will actually do something with them!

It would be interesting, and perhaps a little worrying if the answer turns out as it appear to, if it turned out that Rebellion was actually making more money off of tooth than its games.

Grant Goggans

I just realized this means Rebellion now owns The Amazing Three from Jackpot: the Blue Wizard, Oakman, and Tanya who showed up in Zenith Phase III.  Somebody get a script to Steve Yeowell to draw, soon, please.  I love those characters.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 25 August, 2016, 07:59:11 PM
I just realized this means Rebellion now owns The Amazing Three from Jackpot: the Blue Wizard, Oakman, and Tanya who showed up in Zenith Phase III.  Somebody get a script to Steve Yeowell to draw, soon, please.  I love those characters.

"Before Zenith..."

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Pyroxian on 25 August, 2016, 08:14:24 PM

"Before Zenith..."

:lol:
Well played.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Pyroxian on 25 August, 2016, 08:14:24 PM
"Before Zenith..."
Arf. You could save time and call it Nadir from the start.
We never really die.

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Marbles on 25 August, 2016, 02:09:09 PM
Gutted if Leopard from Lime Street not in this deal, likewise Billy's boots - which originated in Scorcher in the 70's prior to merger with Tiger. But generally this is fantastic news :)

Don't be gutted about the Leopard - he is ours!!!!!!

The Amstor Computer

QuoteDon't be gutted about the Leopard - he is ours!!!!!!

Brill :-)

Any chance of you being in a position to lay out exactly what Rebellion have once the dust is settled a bit? There's a hell of a treasure trove there!

Robo-K33F

That will happen - not really my place at this stage.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 25 August, 2016, 10:44:37 PM
That will happen - not really my place at this stage.

No worries - will be fascinating to see what's all part of the archive!

maryanddavid

Don't be gutted about the Leopard - he is ours!!!!!! :D

It's like following your favourite soccer team and a rich Russian is signing loads of quality players!

terryworld

2000AD now own The Leopard from Lime Street?
That's f*#&ing zarjaz!

Dash Decent

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 25 August, 2016, 10:30:36 PM
Don't be gutted about the Leopard - he is ours!!!!!!

B R I L L I A N T!

Humorous strips aside, this is the story I would most like to see collected outside of the 2000AD stable.

And just to get in first, it's completely unlike Spiderman:

The main character is called Billy.
He lives in England.
Erm....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Leopard from Lime Street was a strip I remember from my Buster reading days. Has anyone read it recently does it stand up to the memories that surround it. It looks glorious regardless and I'm very excited to see it again as and when.

Rio De Fideldo

Brilliant news. Can't wait to hear more info.

Obviously it's early days but presumably this will likely halt anymore Hook Jaw miniseries from Titan.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stak! This is the most wondrous news.

Between this & Titan, Stevie need never ever purchase an America comic ever again. Stevie will PM you his PIN number, Robo-K33f.

Buster was the second greatest British weekly EVAH.

Both hands up in the Oort Cloud in agreement with Indigo Prime suggestion of  a Compleat Oink too.*

As luck would have the first issue of Tammy was cover dated 6 Feb 1971.

Is it too early to start clamouring for a Fiends of The Eastern Front / Salves of war Orpahn Farm crossover courtesy of John Smith & Jim Burns?

*Fingers crossed  that IP issues with the Dan Dare Corporation doesn't preclude  the inclusion of Ham Dare ;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"