Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 13 October, 2016, 02:18:35 PMsurvived the procedure and seems perky albeit cyclopic.

Was what the vet told us - we got her back early the evening and the anesthetic had taken full dominion over her tiny rat mind. She was flopping everywhere it was quite disturbing- but we read "up to 24 hours" after the op she'd be like this so we gave us some mushed banana for strength and a shallow dish of water.

This morning she was stone cold and gone. We were quick to dash into rat ownership and the dark side of that deal was quick to appear too it seems. Poor blighter - this whole thing is now on an inappropriate thread.

TordelBack

Horrible stuff, sorry for your troubles Owen. As Alan Moore has recently reminded me, every new life already contains its own death, and at the accelerated pace of the small furry those one billion allotted heartbeats don't take long to pass. Less time even than that, when anaesthetic enters the equation.

Are you going to search the Clara Pandy for a successor?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 October, 2016, 10:22:54 AM
Horrible stuff, sorry for your troubles Owen. As Alan Moore has recently reminded me, every new life already contains its own death, and at the accelerated pace of the small furry those one billion allotted heartbeats don't take long to pass. Less time even than that, when anaesthetic enters the equation.

Are you going to search the Clara Pandy for a successor?

It's not easy to catch a rat - you'd need somebody to help catch one.  Try to get, y'know, that person, wozzname, they might help,  Thingy, you know the person...

JayzusB.Christ

I went out for Halloween, got insanely realistic scars from a professional make-up artist, and had a mad night out clubbing with said make-up artist and her friend (both of whom were sort of kind of really hot, and dressed to kill).

Sadly, I woke up feeling very hung-over and way too old for that kind of thing, with the grim and lingering knowledge that I'm a single ageing raver and both girls are married to men who aren't me.

Totally worth it though.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Satanist

I rarely get a chance to enjoy Halloween as my job for the last decade had a crazy busy monthend so I was always working late. Not anymore though so last night I got the chance to get dressed up with the kids and take them out. I never knew that my street was crazy about this and there were gardens decked out and pumpkins everywhere. The boys got a massive haul and my Mrs said we had about 50 kids at the door while I was out. My pumpkins were the best.  :)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Satanist

The Legendary Shark

Bloody Hell. You've met my ex-wife, then?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Satanist

did she also have a couple of large pumpkins?  :lol:

Me and my lads...

Really need to make an effort with costumes next year now that I can.

The Legendary Shark

No but her vagina was haunted. I jest, of course. No ghost would want to live in so cold and lifeless a place.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

JayzusB.Christ

So has Halloween overtaken Guy Fawkes' night in terms of popularity in the UK?  While I prefer the idea of Halloween (a pagan festival that Christianity couldn't get rid of!) Bonfire Night is kind of cool too (partly thanks to Alan Moore and David Lloyd).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Theblazeuk

I think it is because barely anyone seems to organise Bonfire night on ACTUAL BONFIRE NIGHT, even when it's on bloody Saturday.

JamesC

Halloween is certainly more popular around my way. Probably because it's just more fun.
The last time I saw a 'penny for the guy' was around the early 90s I think!
We aren't allowed unlicensed bonfires anymore and the council doesn't really bother. We have some fireworks displays (when you've seen one, you've seen 'em all) - usually held in a field with a few overpriced burger vans and rubbish fairground rides.
The council Halloween festivities are much better (and probably easier, safer and cheaper to organise), usually involving a pumpkin parade, smoke machines, some pretty good costumes and someone playing Ghostbusters and The Monster Mash over a PA.

Satanist

Yeah even as a kid I found fireworks boring. You go to the Glasgow Green one and its cold, mobbed, pricey and then you have to fight passed a huge mob to try and get home. Pure pish!