Main Menu

Manga Studio -- Bargain Price!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 23 November, 2012, 10:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

MangaStudio EX4 at a bargain price of £20, tonight only! This link should have both Mac & Win buy links:  http://t.co/zpGzRVmV

Seriously: I'd pay full price for the EX version. £20 is a complete no-brainer.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Andy Smart

Thanks, Jim.

I wanted to give Manga Studio a go especially after I saw D'Israeli using the perspective lines for his last cover. £20 is an absolute bargain. Well spotted.

Darren Stephens

Jim, you saved me 70 quid with your tweet about this last night. My girlfriend was getting me this off amazon for Christmas, at 89.99.  Thank you!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

antodonnell

I was just coming here to post this. You beat me Jim. I nabbed it yesterday at work. Now I need to figure out how to use it.

What's with the lines "breaking" up when you zoom in ? I've dealines at the moment so I won't get to put Manga Studio to good use yet.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: antodonnell on 24 November, 2012, 02:26:48 PM
What's with the lines "breaking" up when you zoom in ? I've dealines at the moment so I won't get to put Manga Studio to good use yet.

How do you mean? Black lines will look jaggy compared to Photoshop because they're deliberately aliased -- the idea is that to enable you to create digital art files that would be the equivalent of scanned traditional inks, which should be aliased (ie - hard edges, rather softer, slightly blurred edges) to enable a colourist or a flatter to make quick, clean selections.

Think of it very specifically for layout, pencilling and inking -- I'd still advise colouring in Photoshop and lettering in Illustrator.

(I think we've got a Manga Studio Q&A thread somewhere -- I'll see if I can find it and bump it back up to the first page of the Active Topics list...)

Cheers!

Jim

Andy Smart

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 November, 2012, 02:37:06 PM
Quote from: antodonnell on 24 November, 2012, 02:26:48 PM

How do you mean? Black lines will look jaggy compared to Photoshop because they're deliberately aliased -- the idea is that to enable you to create digital art files that would be the equivalent of scanned traditional inks, which should be aliased (ie - hard edges, rather softer, slightly blurred edges) to enable a colourist or a flatter to make quick, clean selections.

That's dead handy. I'm really looking forward to using this.

Kerrin

I got this yesterday and I think they've extended the offer for the whole weekend.

It's a seriously impressive drawing package and for £23.02 including the VAT it's ridiculously good value.

I've just got to work out how to tell my tablet that I only want it to work on the one screen so I can use more than half of it on the drawing space. Ooh, get me, it's like a supervillain's bloody command centre here mate.

kylestrahm

pauljholden

I have to keep stopping myself from clicking "BUY" as I already own a copy of it. It's hard, man. Real hard.

-pj

Mardroid

It's still showing. I'm tempted. Unfortunately... my hard disk space is minimal...

Mardroid

Heh. Ordered. Didn't hold out for long...

I can store it on a flash-drive until I sort out the hard drive situation. (Spending more than I intended this month. Silly brilliant deals cropping up! ;) )

SuperSurfer

I bought it as well. During a period where I am trying to concentrate on pens/brushes on paper.

JTurner

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Missed it. I cannot believe it. I troll the forum every day, then take a weeked off and look at what I missed!

Now excuse me while I throw things around.

Dark Jimbo

No you haven't! Keeps getting extended. Check the link, it's still $29.99.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 27 November, 2012, 11:51:09 AM
No you haven't! Keeps getting extended. Check the link, it's still $29.99.

Not when you get to the check-out, it isn't. :-(

Cheers

Jim