Main Menu

New 2000AD Binding from Prog 1

Started by matty_ae, 27 January, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

I got the first three 2000AD volumes bound thanks to a recommendation by Chiefy2Shoes.
He'd already used http://www.hollingworthmoss.co.uk and they have been really good.

I've had them done as half-years so progs
1-26
27-52
53-78

Hoping to get the first 520 done is I can afford more back issues.
Hollingsworth showed amazing attention to detail and have a really clear price list on that link.

(Don't know why pics are being shown on their side)

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richard

That's pretty fantastic. How sturdy would you say they are, and how much space do you lose in the guttering?

Smith

Looks great.I must say,Im a bit envious.  :)

Dandontdare

Nice job they look great! I foresee trouble ahead though when the page size changes in the middle of a 6 month block.

matty_ae

To Richard - pretty sturdy they reinforced them and there's no gutter loss as each spine is stitched through. They did say how crap the paper is!

Richard

Rogue Judge

Wow, those look absolutely incredible, real beauties! The sheer size of those books is a thing to behold. I have always wanted to try binding some other comic collections I have - seeing these really wants me to do it now (when I have more money I suppose  :)) Great choice of art for the covers too - great timing!

Colin YNWA

Man they are quite fantastic, really beautiful. I've seen some of Chiefs and they are good enough to say the least BUT those seem a step up.

Out of interest did you have to do all the page prep yourself. I seem to recall Chief told me he had to carefully cut the pages himself?

matty_ae

I didn't do any prep but did pay them for an hours worth. They've line the spine/fold of each page to strengthen them.

chiefy2shoes

Oh man, they look great. A step up from mine like Colin said.

I'm about to send off a batch of progs for 2003-2004 and 2011-2012.

sheldipez

Those are stunning! Really look like a professional bought in Waterstones release.

Mattofthespurs

So is that logo stamp available for use (for free) at Hollingworth?  ;)

About to send mine off soon.
Going for plain black buckram, red metallic lettering and, if possible, the logo.

Mattofthespurs

Answering my own question it looks like a fiver for the logo. Is that right.
Also, did you add any of the summer specials to your binds.
I intend to add them at the end of each volume that ends in the summer (except, obviously, the winter specials) or are you going to do seperate binds for yours?
I think the size is roughly the same from memory, maybe a bit larger, but with the white borders and trimming I should not lose too much, if anything at all.
I also plan on doing a Starlord and Tornado bind with specials under the 2000 AD banner too.

TordelBack

Gawds but Matty's and Chiefy's bindings are both awe-inspiring.  Hats off to both of you, you magnificent bastards.