Main Menu

FEBRUARY ART COMP - CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF THRILLS!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 February, 2017, 08:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

BLIMEY! It's been FORTY YEARS THIS MONTH since the Galaxy's Greatest was launched on this little world by the mighty Tharg. Four decades is naught to our stoic Styrofoam-chuggin' Betelgeusean but to us humble fleshy few it means a great deal.

YES there's a party, YES there's a special issue, YES there's a commemorative beagle (you didn't get yours?) BUT LET'S GO ONE FURTHER AND HAVE THE MOTHER OF ALL ART COMPETITIONS.

The theme is celebration - stuff as many characters as you want into a celebratory context, or just have ol' Green bonce blowing out a single candle stuffed lovingly into a Droid's head crevice. EITHER WAY IT'S PARTY TIME.

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourites - all entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 26th OF FEBRUARY WHEN WE SHALL BLOW OUT EVERY SINGLE CANDLE ON THE VOTING CAKE

Woolly

Don't think I'll be able to give this any more time, but if so I'll update with a (hopefully coloured) newer version.

Rogue Judge

Great start to the comp Woolly! Creative use of the 40 years too...it looks like Tharg was celebrating a little much. I wonder what Tharg drinks? (When Dredd pats Tharg down I bet he's carrying sugar too!)

Colin YNWA

There's a part of me that doesn't want you to colour that Woolly it looks SO good in black and white.

Nic_Freeman

Wow, that is lovely, Woolly. Dredd is just perfect, the big boots and gloves, just wonderful.

Andy Lambert

That's just fantastic, Woolly! Great humour and absolutely lovely drawing - I agree with Colin's comment - it works perfectly well as a black and white piece. Nice work, sir..!

Woolly

Thanks gents. Originally it was going to be a queue of classic characters waiting for the loo at the 40th bash, but soon realised id never finish that! So i did one set after the bash instead.

Tenuous link to the brief, i know...

mightybren

QuoteTenuous link to the brief, i know...

I disagree, it captures eveything I  love about 2000ad :) the humour and the attitude. Great work!

Fungus

Excellent stuff Woolly  :)
I'd say Tharg drinks JD. No?

Woolly

Albion

To celebrate the 40th I brewed a strong Belgian Ale so I thought I should design a label for it for the art competition.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Rogue Judge

Very cool Albion! That answers the question as to what Tharg drinks

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Albion on 09 February, 2017, 06:20:05 PM
To celebrate the 40th I brewed a strong Belgian Ale so I thought I should design a label for it for the art competition.

I'm going to have to break my self-imposed swearing ban to comment that that is fucking brilliant. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Theblazeuk

Pyroxian

Quote from: Albion on 09 February, 2017, 06:20:05 PM

Belgian or BEteLGeusIAN?