Main Menu

FEBRUARY ART COMP - CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF THRILLS!

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 February, 2017, 08:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Tulio_Vilela

james newell

Woolly

Tharg's own ale! Brilliant!
Lil' Tharg is just adorable  :)

Tulio_Vilela

Tulio_Vilela

Tulio_Vilela

My second entry for the comp, a homage to the great Harvey Kurtzman, creator of MAD magazine: "TALES CALCULATED TO THRILL YOU"

Andy Lambert

Okay, here's my offering. I was going to use the "40 years, creep!" line, but since that's already taken, I've gone for something a little less snappy.
I've included a version with fireworks which I thought was more celebratory and more fitting for the brief, but I've also included a version without fireworks, which I personally prefer... I'll leave you guys to decide which is the better of the two...

With fireworks:

Without fireworks:

All that's left for me to do now is to wish 2000ad a very Happy Birthday!  ;)

Tulio_Vilela

Great, Andy! Reminds me a old Stones cover single (the first formation, with Brian Jones)! I like it!
Quote from: Andy Lambert on 13 February, 2017, 04:58:49 AM
Okay, here's my offering. I was going to use the "40 years, creep!" line, but since that's already taken, I've gone for something a little less snappy.
I've included a version with fireworks which I thought was more celebratory and more fitting for the brief, but I've also included a version without fireworks, which I personally prefer... I'll leave you guys to decide which is the better of the two...

With fireworks:

Without fireworks:

All that's left for me to do now is to wish 2000ad a very Happy Birthday!  ;)

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Woolly

Andy - Think I prefer the fireworks version myself, gives the background that extra bit of detail.
Also  :o :o :o :o :o!

Tulio_Vilela

I'm reposting my second entry "2000 AD: TALES CALCULATED TO THRILL YOU" cause I did a small tiny change. By the way, it's also a homage to great Harvey Kurtzman, creator of MAD Magazine.

Rogue Judge

Wow great work Andy! Great selection of characters, and it looks like that took a lot of effort!  :o I too prefer the one with fireworks - I find it adds depth to the picture as well.

Nice job Tulio_Vilela! Your style reminds me of old school EC and Gold Key comics.

Tulio_Vilela

Hi, Rogue Judge! Andy's work is great, he's a real artist! Thank you too much for write my style reminds you of old old school EC and Gold Key comics! You're very kind! Cheers!
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 13 February, 2017, 11:09:53 PM
Wow great work Andy! Great selection of characters, and it looks like that took a lot of effort!  :o I too prefer the one with fireworks - I find it adds depth to the picture as well.

Nice job Tulio_Vilela! Your style reminds me of old school EC and Gold Key comics.