Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Yep and when you look at whats above it, its doing really well.
it's number 3 best seller in blu-ray and in 'Action and Adventure' and number 1 best seller in Blu-ray 3D
and Science Fiction & Fantasy

MR. ELIMINATOR

Number 8 on amazon.com blu-ray chart, 39 overall, but take into account that tv shows individual episodes are counted.

Cool!

radiator

Yep that's pretty cool, especially as there's only a handful of movies above it - The Dark Knight Rises, Looper, LotR, Skyfall and Rise of the Guardians - Looper aside all far more high-profile movies than Dredd, and out of them Skyfall is the only other entry based purely on pre-orders. Dredd is punching above it's weight there I think!

Amazon's price drop (on both sides of the Atlantic) seems to be doing the trick for now - but I'd like to think DREDD is going to be a consistent strong seller on home formats and on demand for a good few years to come.

We may never get a sequel, but at least there's an indication that it's starting to find it's real audience now, which is great news for the filmmakers.

DrJomster

Up to number 6 now in "Film and tv"!  :thumbsup:
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Fisticuffs

It's just CF ordering all his various editions. :D

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 02 January, 2013, 07:53:41 PM
It's just CF ordering all his various editions. :D
Is it shamefully for me to admit I ordered 2 more today? The aussie and US disks. That's four now.

MercZ

I guess I have to get around to ordering a copy as well. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be contributing as much as the rest of you, one blu-ray box is enough for me.

Michaelvk

I've got a suspicion that a sequel will be mostly funded by the population of this here forum.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: MercZ on 02 January, 2013, 08:40:47 PM
I guess I have to get around to ordering a copy as well. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be contributing as much as the rest of you, one blu-ray box is enough for me.
I'm a bit of a film freak who has one good source of income and no offspring to feed. Life's easy for me peeps!

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 03 January, 2013, 09:41:21 AM
Happy to see Dredd 3D got great reviews on Play.com,

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/37743658/Dredd-3D/ProductReviews.html
One of those reviews has used the perfect term. Sleeper Hit. With very little luck needed it would seem, this may well be the case. :D

Goaty

As on way to Edinburgh for Great Winter Run tomorrow, I got Empire to reading on train and notice this;

Celtic Chief

I loved DREDD and cannot wait until it is out.

Teivion

Its a dreamy question, but does anyone know the kind of budget those movies on The Horror Channel / Movies For Men etc have ?
I'd happily watch a Dredd movie with that kind of budget, and if anyones seen the SFX on CBBC Wizards Vs Aliens I am pretty sure Millenium could do an awesome job here in the Uk.

If anyone has an idea on those sort of budgets, I'd love to know ?

radiator

Dredd has no charm?

Tell that to the people at the screening last night who were laughing and cheering and basically anything he said.