Main Menu

Dredd:Blu Ray review

Started by chuffsteruk, 18 December, 2012, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Just watched my blu-ray for the first time as I now have a blu ray player.

I got the UK version and I think the quality is really bad. Was quite disappointed actually.

Still, film kicks ass.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Can digital films be restored/improved like films on film have been for blu-ray restorations?

Fisticuffs

If your TV has a 'Theatre' mode try watching it in that, it smooths out the picture alot and makes it look alot better in my opinion. :)

Steve Green

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 31 August, 2013, 10:40:36 AM
Can digital films be restored/improved like films on film have been for blu-ray restorations?

Well you can run noise reduction on footage, but it can make stuff look fake - (The Predator Blu-ray apparently suffers from that)

It's more a case of whether they want to, and if they do, whether it's viable.

I'm guessing 'No' on both of those.

GrudgeJohnDeed

and never use edge enhancement!!

Keef Monkey

Popped on the first 10 minutes on Netflix last night out of curiosity, streamed it in HD and it didn't seem to suffer from that scratchy visual noise that the blu-rays do in dark/shadowy shots. A shame the blu-ray came out that way. I still maintain my suspicion that it's a compression issue with cramming the 3D and 2D transfers on one disc, I hear the 3D transfer looks better?

Not a big complaint, the brighter moments look fantastic. Just thought it was interesting that Netflix seem to have a different version.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah, the only time i've really noticed the poor quality was the blu-ray.

SKD

Quote from: dweezil2 on 09 August, 2013, 06:58:26 PM
Well it's coming up for the film's first anniversary on September 7th, maybe we should all go out and buy another copy (or two) then! :)

Got mine. :thumbsup:

Stew.

DKCX

I got mine today. Shame I don't have a blu ray player.