Main Menu

Megazine 357 - The Devil In the Red Dress

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 14 February, 2015, 12:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Clint Langley turns in a lovely American Reaper cover.

Inside Ewing and Willsher's The Cop continues.

As does American Reaper by Uncle Pat and Langley

DeMarco in in more trouble with Michael Carroll and Steve Yeowell.

And the interesting Angelic by Gordon Rennie and Lee Carter continues.

Plus there's a beautiful double page spread of Dredd versus the Dark Judges by Ben Willsher, and a Roger Langridge interrogation.

The free floppy is the Harlem Heroes volume one by Michael Fleisher, Steve Dillon and Kev Walker.

ZenArcade

This is the one I have really been waiting for, there are two, what look to be, excellent stories: The Cop and Angelic both of which really hooked me last month. Cant wait to hear what some of the other early recipients of the Meg have to say. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Proudhuff

Well Al E-Wing has reaĺly done it this time! Finally we get the Dredd taĺe we deserve. Top hole stuff from the over all story to the knowledge and detail of MC1. Tharg you  HAVE to kèep this droid onboard. Ten pages of this isnt enough. The rather good Angel  story suffer some photo realism leakage from Sexy Ostriches but otheswise fine.When it comes to creator talks I'd like a round up of what the great and good are up to , just a suggestion.
DDT did a job on me

Ghost MacRoth

Cover:  Langley on a good day.

Dredd: Great tale, nice art.  Look forward to more.

Ostriches: Static poses of hackneyed 'actors' with murky backgrounds telling a tale that drags its arse like a dog with no back legs.  Awful as always, and 17 damn pages.

DeMarco: Things resolve themselves in a bit of a rush, but and enjoyable tale overall.  Not so bad with the page bleed issue either.  Good stuff.

Angelic: Definitely the highlight of the prog for me, with an exploration of Pa's history, and brilliant framing and art from Lee Carter. 

10 pages of adverts, 7 pages of interview, 17 of Reaper, and only 28 pages for the remaining three stories......I can understand why some have stopped buying the meg these days.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

Yes you'd think they could dispense with this flim flam and maybe do interesting articles on fan initiatives: certain lego builds or prog storage themes off the top of my head; or dare I say a remarkable 'Map of Mega City One' feature I happened across....Z ;)

DarkDaysBish-OP

I can only agree with Roger Langridge's assessment of The Straightjacket Fits - that strip would have been so much better if he had written and drawn it, rather than let some raw wannabe loose on script duties...

...still, lovely art and amazing lettering!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: ZenArcade on 14 February, 2015, 04:10:56 PM
Yes you'd think they could dispense with this flim flam and maybe do interesting articles on fan initiatives: certain lego builds or prog storage themes off the top of my head; or dare I say a remarkable 'Map of Mega City One' feature I happened across....Z ;)

I'd settle for more comic strips in my comic. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

Eamonn Clarke

Better versions of this image will no doubt turn up (possibly on the 2000AD Covers Uncovered blog)

Geoff

I agree with the rather scary looking MacRoth fella.  I've noticed that it doesn't actually take very long to read the Meg at the moment despite the page count.  Reaper is the main reason, as I just flick past it but it's not the only offender.  Imagine if the whole (or most, being realistic) of the Meg was as good as the current Dredd story and Angelic.  A round up of what the great and the good are up to sounds interesting for the usual I/v slot...

I, Cosh

My last paper Meg. Annoyingly, this makes 101 subscription issues.

Anyway, Dredd and Angelic were good.

De Marco surprised me by finishing so soon. I guess this has been all about changing the setup for next time.

I read the Harlem Heroes floppy and, well, I didn't think it was that bad. It was more just boring than actively terrible. Had a quick look on Barney though, and it seems this first series ran for 28 episodes long! Surely there's not another two months of this to come?
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 17 February, 2015, 06:57:42 PM
My last paper Meg. Annoyingly, this makes 101 subscription issues.

Anyway, Dredd and Angelic were good.

De Marco surprised me by finishing so soon. I guess this has been all about changing the setup for next time.

I read the Harlem Heroes floppy and, well, I didn't think it was that bad. It was more just boring and predictable than actively terrible. Had a quick look on Barney though, and it seems this first series ran for 28 episodes long! Surely there's not another two months of this to come?
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I liked the Harlem Heroes re-do the first time, and I enjoyed it again now.
Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Geoff on 17 February, 2015, 05:50:15 PM
I agree with the rather scary looking MacRoth fella. 

I'm so not scary!  Well...okay, Nazi Zombie avatar might be a bit scary, but I'm not! ;)

IronGraham

I really liked the interview with Mr Landridge
We're werewolves not swearwolves