Main Menu

Meg 359 rookie move

Started by moly, 11 April, 2015, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Great cover by situ

Judge dredd the cop good story looking forward to how the ends next month

American reaper is back only 10 pages this month

Enjoyed anderson but the highlight for me was angelic great end and hope this comes back soon

Nice Jason Brindley double page art

Great issue and really enjoying this run of the meg

dweezil2

Quote from: moly on 11 April, 2015, 11:46:34 AM
Great cover by situ

Did you mean Siku?

If so, nice to have him back!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Eamonn Clarke

Image removed as requested as it was mahoosive.

moly

Yep siku, bloody predictive text

IndigoPrime

I thought it was a really weird Meg in some ways. Three pages of what used to be called pin-ups; eight pages of advertising reprint. I hope that kind of content structure and fairly sharp drop in new strip pages is a one-off and not the shape of things to come.

As for the strips, a strong Dredd, decent end to Angel, and fresh start to Anderson (even if she oddly looks about 25 again), but, good grief, when will American Reaper END? "To be continued." Gah.

ZenArcade

Siku, wow, we are graced in this Meg! Can't wait to read the Dredd and Angelic strips (Angelic being a firm favourite). Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 April, 2015, 12:05:27 PM
Quote from: moly on 11 April, 2015, 11:46:34 AM
Great cover by situ
Did you mean Siku?

If so, nice to have him back!  :)
Awesome. It's a beauty as well.
We never really die.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 April, 2015, 01:05:08 PM
I thought it was a really weird Meg in some ways. Three pages of what used to be called pin-ups; eight pages of advertising reprint. I hope that kind of content structure and fairly sharp drop in new strip pages is a one-off and not the shape of things to come.

As for the strips, a strong Dredd, decent end to Angel, and fresh start to Anderson (even if she oddly looks about 25 again), but, good grief, when will American Reaper END? "To be continued." Gah.

Ends next month to make way for all new stories in #261
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

dweezil2

dweezil2

Hopefully a precursor to more strip work for the house of Tharg!   :thumbsup:

Zenith 666

Tooth a Megazine and The Heavies squad this Wednesday.Ouch.

I'll second more Akinsiku in prog or meg preferably on Joe(big chin mr Ezquerra,I'll show you a big chin) or failing that you can get him stuck into book two of witch world Tharg.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 11 April, 2015, 01:57:24 PMEnds next month to make way for all new stories in #261
Here's hoping. I thought it was done last month, but no.

Ghost MacRoth

Cover: Haven't seen Siku grace the pages for a while, very nice!

Dredd: Continues to be great, with both script and art being impressive.

Interrogations: Skipped as usual.

Fucking Ostriches: I used to just dislike this strip.  Now I really fucking hate it.  If you aren't gonna stop running it, could you at least consider giving us a break???

Poster: Nice 2 page art by Jason Brindley.

Holocaust Squad: Immediately felt like an old school strip....tehn I realised, it was an old school strip.  Erm.....why?

Anderson: Nothing terribly new, but a nice start to the tale.

Angelic: Definitely the highlight of the prog, even if it wasn't the strongest episode of the run. Pretty sure Carter's using some photoshopped backgrounds, and meshing them with his penmanship, achieving a nice balance and even tone to the art....maybe he could show Langley how that's done. ;)

Decent Meg....slightly ruined by the never ending reaper nonsense, and too many ads, features, and the reprint pages.  Surely they ain't short of submissions?  I mean the Facebook page declared they were snowed under with submissions....so how about maybe print some of them?  Plenty of budding artists/scripters would likely accept their first efforts being printed in the meg and they get no fee......a foot in the door kinda thing.  I'd far rather see that than the bloody floppy reprints.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Geoff

Great to have Siku back, but rather an odd face on Anderson and a wrinkly left arm, I thought...

Anyway, The Cop's been damn good from the start and keeps up the pace in this episode, the art and story telling really gels - I'll be sad to see it go.

The pin-up stuff - the bike and especially the Dredd themed election poster - really is part of the charm of 2000ad and long may it continue.  Great touch at the bottom of the poster 'Russell Brand Block Democratic Fringe'.

Reaper continuing probably isn't enough to make me cancel my subscription if I'm honest, but it's about the only thing that makes me consider it...apart from perhaps lots of pages of advertising reprint..

Anderson, mmn rather lukewarm about this - and I love an Anderson story normally - the one Michael Dowling illustrated recently was superb.  In the current story - given the obvious danger - why wouldn't she simply ask for back-up? It's not like she's got anything to prove, and it's a reckless way of testing the cadet if that's her intention. It's got potential though..

Angelic's been the stand-out for a while, a well crafted story and superb art.  If Carter is using a combination of drawn and digital (which he probably is), he does it beautifully. To my taste, the introduction of digital in line work and especially colouring, has meant a loss of texture, depth and life in comic strip art.  I know I probably sound like a bit of a luddite, but it's personal taste I suppose..