Main Menu

Recent posts

Games / Re: Gamebooks
Last post by Richard - Today at 08:35:34 PM
Yes, the open-ended exploration is a big plus for me -- having the exact opposite feature in the gamebook I've just been reading was eventually the reason I stopped reading it!

From memory, there is an encounter with the dark elf in Ashkyos, which makes his re-appearance at the end of the book feel less random and more like plot. Recurring characters like him and the captain and Jesper make it feel more like a story than just a sequence of encounters.

Glad you enjoyed it!
News / Re: Watch out for stolen Ian G...
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on Today at 07:15:37 PMCan lessons be learned?

There is a particular 'art dealer' whose presence seems to be a constant throughout these (and other) stories. Perhaps not engaging (or dealing) with that specific person might help to detoxify the entire thing, at least to some extent.
Help! / Re: Help me Hive Mind, you're ...
Last post by The Doctor Alt 8 - Today at 07:39:29 PM
Well it's come to this....

DON'T let my cat become homeless...
Single disabled woman seeks ground floor flat.
Must accept my cat.
Must have a communal garden that will accept my plant pots.
Must be close to facilities or decent transport to central Croydon.
Must be unfurnished.
Rent available £800 per month.
No points negatable.
Help! / Re: Crowd Funding
Last post by The Doctor Alt 8 - Today at 07:36:34 PM
Watch this space for my begging bowl!!!
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 07:15:37 PM

Didn't something similar happen to the Ezquerra family? How did they deal with it? Can lessons be learned?

Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 07:07:08 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 05:53:54 PMI don't see that happening here, because people have kept their powder dry here (for the most part)

Yeah... I think that steering well clear of the Piskor clusterfuck is very wise. I'll be honest, I have opinions on this Gibson thing, too, but I'm acutely aware that they're coloured by my opinions of some the people involved, so I'm keeping those opinions to myself...beyond saying that I'm basically inclined to side with the Gibson family.

Whatever the ins and outs, if Ian's family aren't going to benefit from the sale of original art/sketches/prints then I won't be shelling out any cash. If other people decide differently, then that's a decision for them.
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on Today at 05:00:39 PMAI can go to hell

AI's response:

Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 05:53:54 PM
Well, I wield language like a blunt spoon, but I was alluding to the fact that some folk are using the tragedy as a signal to go on a witch hunt against anyone the poor bastard slated in his final public act. (Not paying attention to the irony inherent in calling for an end to public accusations by making public accusations - except now with even less evidence than the ones they're complaining about in the first place.)

I don't see that happening here, because people have kept their powder dry here (for the most part), but I've seen it on the wider web.
Creative Common / Re: Cover Puns
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 05:23:53 PM

Newly Dredds - Flymo and Weetabix Beckham's honeymoon takes an unexpected turn...

General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by judgeurko - Today at 05:00:39 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on Today at 02:43:52 PMOkay, there's Doyle.  Where's Bodie?

I prompted the AI thusly: "Bodie and Doyle from The Professionals, but both dressed up as a Judge from the world of Judge Dredd."

And it did this:

(Or did I just take a photo at Dounreay-Con?)
AI can go to hell