Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

There are many electrical parts involved but I'm not telling you what they do until the big reveal...  ;) I can tell you that the cockpit lights-up, that was done fairly early on, and there are at least 3 other areas that have lights and one area that has a motor (I'm sure you can work that bit out for yourself!)

hippynumber1

And on a cold November weekend, attention turned to the dorsel gunner's seat, controls and turret:

TordelBack

Ghost MacRoth

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!  Where is our vicarious hit of falcon-ey goodness????
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

hippynumber1

Right here, baby: starboard hull recess and some more lovely copper pipes...

Sent from my brain via my fingers

Ghost MacRoth

Ahhhhhh.....that's better!

More and more convinced I'll buy one once it can be done in one go.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

hippynumber1

That was issue 42 so almost half-way there now, believe it or not!

hippynumber1

First day of my holiday so thought I'd do a bit of catching-up - first up is bit of work on the landing gear bays. There is an option to have the landing gear up or down on the finished model so the cover plates are fixed in place with little magnets for easy removal.

Improvements required to battle damage...

...done!

Pin and magnet (6 of each)

Pins fitted

Magnets fitted

Landing gear cover plates in place

Sent from my brain via my fingers

Dandontdare

I was thinking of this in the Falcon scenes in Force Awakens - It's weird when you know almost every inch of the layout of a fictional spaceship

Colin YNWA

The awesome keeps on coming. out of interest how do you battle ya damage? I think you might have mentioned it before but I'm lazy and can't be bothered to go back to check. It looks so much better when you've done it - I'd be terrified to do it!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 December, 2015, 07:42:16 PM
The awesome keeps on coming. out of interest how do you battle ya damage?

Tiny blasters, obviously.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Throws gravel at it to simulate an asteroid field...

hippynumber1

Have you two been sitting in the bushes, watching me as I work?

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

hippynumber1

You've got to love a holiday. This is the assembly of a piece of 'external machinery' that is located near the engines.