Main Menu

You know you're an auld bugger when...

Started by auxlen, 05 November, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxlen

1. when you hear all that money going up in smoke and think...it could go on books and booze!!!
2. You think the music in pubs is too loud.
3. 'The only reason you don't understand our music, is because you don't like it!'
Fake interweb point sfor anyone who gets that reference.

von Boom

Quote from: auxlen on 05 November, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

You think music in pubs is just plain wrong.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 05 November, 2015, 07:13:44 PM

You think music in pubs is just plain wrong.

As a man with a quiet voice and who often strains to hear other people properly, I've always hated loud music in pubs. Unless I specifically went there to watch a particular band play, keep the fucking racket down.

On the other hand, I groan when standing up these days. And I don't understand young people's fashions. Trousers halfway down your kex? No socks with slip on canvas shoes? Brillcreamed Hitler haircuts with Santa Claus beards? Shite and bollocks, I say.  What happened to all the punks, goths, grebs, crusties and ravers? Bah.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 November, 2015, 10:25:31 PM
What happened to all the punks, goths, grebs, crusties and ravers? Bah.

Look in the mirror.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 05 November, 2015, 10:25:31 PMWhat happened to all the punks, goths, grebs, crusties and ravers?

Not to mention the only living boy in New Cross...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Y'know, I thought it sounded familiar after I typed it...  Anyway, at least I know what happened ONE of the goths 😉

radiator

I like videogames as much as the next guy and like to think I can at least grasp the appeal of most youth trends (especially the nerdier ones), but I don't think I'll ever understand the preoccupation kids these days have with watching strangers play videogames online. Youtube is such an extraordinary innovation, it's potential as an outlet for creativity is almost limitless, and this is the most popular thing on it? I honestly find it hard to comprehend, and don't care how old that makes me sound.

M.I.K.

Quote from: radiator on 05 November, 2015, 11:10:55 PM
I like videogames as much as the next guy and like to think I can at least grasp the appeal of most youth trends (especially the nerdier ones), but I don't think I'll ever understand the preoccupation kids these days have with watching strangers play videogames online. Youtube is such an extraordinary innovation, it's potential as an outlet for creativity is almost limitless, and this is the most popular thing on it? I honestly find it hard to comprehend, and don't care how old that makes me sound.
I can think of three things off the top of my head that playthrough videos are handy for...

Checking the game's any good before you buy/download it

Seeing the location of any hidden areas or easter eggs you may have missed

Finding out how to progress if you're stuck at a certain point

(and possibly for looking at particularly epic things folk have constructed in Minecraft and the like)

Other than that, I also do not see the point, but then I don't see the point of most spectator sports either.

I, Cosh

Every once in a while, you get annoyed because Tails' real name is Miles Prower.
We never really die.

NapalmKev

3. 'The only reason you don't understand our music, is because you don't like it!'
Fake interweb point sfor anyone who gets that reference.

Rik from 'The Young Ones'.

I'm never getting old. I may become more seasoned, windswept and interesting.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

shaolin_monkey

The last two decades for me has been an experiment in prolonging my adolescence beyond any reasonable limits.  It's going well so far, despite the hair loss, evening naps, and constant need to hit the gym to stop adding 5lbs overnight.

At the end of the day, what's the point in having a disposable income if you can't spend it on booze, comics, music and games?

Mardroid

...you find yourself working in an adult college and 98% of the students, and some of the lecturers are younger than you.

... when you see people with middle aged faces, and they turn out to be younger than you. By 2 or 3 years.

DaveGYNWA

....you refer to a twinge in the knee as your 'bad knee'
....your hangovers last 2 days.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Eric Plumrose

You don't shave your head for two weeks and only realize how silver you've become when someone points it out.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.