Main Menu

You know you're an auld bugger when...

Started by auxlen, 05 November, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

...you start creating threads titled You know you're an auld bugger when...

Professor Bear

Quote from: Grugz on 06 November, 2015, 11:43:58 PMI've caught myself twice now telling my lass "you look with your eyes not with your hands" in shops

What if it's a shop that sells braille books?

The Legendary Shark

...to register at websites you have to scroll further and further down the "Year of Birth" dialogue box.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 November, 2015, 05:41:35 PMh
Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 November, 2015, 05:35:20 PM
I'm tempted to get a T-shirt I saw advertised that says "I may be old, but at least I got to see all the good bands"

Heh. I feel old when I see young people with Kurt Cobain t-shirts and realise it's the same as when people my age used to wear Jim Morrison ones.

I had tickets to Nirvana, but didn't go because a) I didn't like them that much and was only really going to keep a mate company, and perhaps more importantly b) Kurt died the day the concert was meant to be on.

I worry that we are the same person. Though I think my Nirvana ticket was a couple of days after and I really wanted to as I like Nirvana but more importantly Sebadoh were supporting.

The Doors thing so rings true to me, though it was graffiti on desks at school not T-shirts.

TordelBack

...you still think of 2000AD as the distant future.  :(

...your car is old enough to vote.

...today's young folk look like the people in your parents' wedding photos.

...swear words that your kids insist are innocuous make you reach for your thrashing broom.

...you realise that some of the people who spoiled you rotten as a kid were born in the 19th C.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Policemen/women all seem to have tattoos on their arms/necks now.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

SuperSurfer

you are possibly the oldest drokker on a thread of old drokkers complaining about being a bunch of old drokkers. 

IAMTHESYSTEM

I don't mind that they want to wear tattoos. I think it indicates how much time has shifted by and perhaps demonstrates how much more individual we are these days. When I was younger the only people I remember having tattoos were Ex Servicemen, Tarmacers, labourers and crooks and these were usually black or fading green. Now everyone seems to have one and the artwork is astounding with all the colours of the rainbow. Perhaps multi cultural Britain has decided to wear it's colour's literally on it's sleeve.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

...you wonder that something initially intended to represent belonging to a society, the tattoo, has come to represent its exact opposite; disconnection from a society. Then grumbling because these young 'uns (and most of the old ones, to be frank) just don't get how socially significant that might be.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

The person whose image you desperately tried to pull off as a fifteen-year-old now looks like this:

I'm still a teenager really, trying hard to deal with the age, responsibilities and bad looks of a middle-aged man.

Being young for me was like turning up late for a party: you're just settling in, having a couple of cans
and getting to know people, when someone turns off the music, turns on the lights and tells you it's time to leave.

(Colin: I liked Sebadoh too. Maybe we are the same person.)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Spikes

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 07 November, 2015, 10:19:45 AM
Policemen/women all seem to have tattoos on their arms/necks now.

Or have Hipster beards...

He can't be a real copper, surely? Real coppers should look like Dixon of Dock Green...

Prodigal2

When you read a thread title like this and feel an instant sense of warmth, belonging and solidarity.

Is this the bit where you all say you are 38-40 and I realise I am more than a decade in front?

hippynumber1

You put your back out just walking in to the kitchen. I had to crouch on the floor and the pain was so intense I thought I was going to be sick.  :'(

auxlen

QuoteIs this the bit where you all say you are 38-40 and I realise I am more than a decade in front?
44, here.

QuoteYou put your back out just walking in to the kitchen.
i once put my back out wiping on the toilet. i literally cried while i finished the job and somehow pulled up my pants before calling for help. and i was at home, too. true british grit that!!! :D

Minkyboy

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000