Main Menu

This isn't Middle-Earth...But

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 01 December, 2015, 09:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Not happy I didn't get my costume finished the way I needed it to be.......didn't realise my father had given away most of his tool when I went to look for them in the shed. So, that was that for my LARPish and totally legal wooden sword and compound staff of Gandalf the Grey. Although, I couldn't the nagging voice in my head that it's okay to cheat, everybody does....I should use the actual replica version that I do own already. (Except my older brother conficated my sword and scabbard and apparently only temporily!) and that I'm really awesome

There were few other things like sowing a blue-grey hem into those robes along every edge and some of that very same felt sown into the hem of the hood in the more conical shape of his hat without the brim. 

Yet, my sowing skills remind unused and untested.

The other disappointed was that I was turned away from the front door. Because the admission was forty dollars and not the more affordable thirty to thirty-five I noticed  it was on the website. Sure this might have ben in U.S, dollars, but I doubt since this is a Australia only convention. It's made fro us Aussies

Where I missed the likes of.....

Barbara Eden famous as the Genie from I Dream of Genie. Who I once mistaken a actual prostitute I had have the pleasure of experiencing. Not actually her, but a woman around about my age that reminded me a lot of her. Good times, that was heaven then and there....   Would avidly watch this show just for a glimpse of her belly button and would love to have heard her call me master. 

Babara Feldon] was well remembered as 99 from the original series of Get Smart. Did you ever wonder if the male lead from Star-Gate Atlantis sometime resembled Don Adams her original co-star on Get Smart. Gary Oldman differently the guy from head of C.H.A.O.S. and never was. Remembering the remake nearly ten years ago. I figured Alan Arkin a excellent choice for the Chief and that silly guy from the American version of The Office. Funny, but not good for Maxwell Smart

IT's getting hot in here must be .... her name! Old joke from her appearance on the Big Bang Theory. I feel like crying now!!!!

Might have asked him about the similarities between Star-gate SG-One and Slaine -Time-Killer Then again....maybe not such great idea, as more of a security guy than a ambassador. 

You know it just occurred to me that I might like to see him as the Warped-One and Simon Pegg as the other one. Proving Nick frost loses enough weight to qualify as member of the Red-Branch-Knights and to be kind of or partially warped as he is most of the time. No offence intended there. They are begging to both be Slaine and Ukko, a partnership made in the lands of the Earth-Goddess, because that might be as close as you get to being in heaven when in the land of the young. I name him most ultimate choice for the role of Slaine. Just a pity he's so short.

David Yos and Karen Ashley.....

Never was into them Power-Rangers, maybe if I was almost twenty years married with a wife and children now in their late teens.  I did go and see the film and was impressed with some of the enemy types. The ones that did some perform a dance routine. I think if I remember correctly. They just don't do it for me. This what you get when too diversity is allowed into a film or series.

You know what I mean.

And lastly him......Peter Mayhew makes a return to the Nova-Con and this time it would be the second time we were both in the same room. Makes my eyes water just trying to look up at face.

Yet, I ever got in. Maybe they decided to make thing harder for me since Gandalf the Grey is a potential terrorist risk.  I did wish I had hung around for some admirer to lend me the difference in money to get in and see these rare people. yet, I thoughtlessly just stormed off to the line up behind the only A.T.M., and then to the nearest rest-room. Which was the baby-change room where I ripped off my beard and wig and mask and robes, and journey over the river into the CBD to ask my brother for some extra money, but then I realised it was sunday and his office was shut.

Strange thing was that it took longer for me to walk from the convention centre than I expected it to be. Which runs almost along side and across the street from the Cultural Center and Brisbane Museum, which runs along side and across the street from the South Bank Parklands I have told you about this place before....

Strange because I had walk around the block completely after only turning a corner once to head where I thought was the parklands, but I ended up right where my father had dropped me off before I eventually made it to the parklands and the bridge going back across the Brisbane river. Strange, but true, this happened to me once before after catching a bus back from Byron Bay to Tweed-Heads one New-Years-Day in the recent past. it's like the streets had re-arranged them selves while I was walking them. Like, this place is a some sort of gigantic alien space-ship.

Strange but true, and would a nice moderator like to fix all the images in my post here. So they all work. I can only see three or four of them coming up. Don't worry, nothing rude here.

ThryllSeekyr

I see there are no nice mods on this forum....

Mardroid

I'm not a mod,  but I fixed the links. I can't access your own post of course but please see below:

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 01 December, 2015, 09:09:50 AM

Not happy I didn't get my costume finished the way I needed it to be.......didn't realise my father had given away most of his tool when I went to look for them in the shed. So, that was that for my LARPish and totally legal wooden sword and compound staff of Gandalf the Grey. Although, I couldn't the nagging voice in my head that it's okay to cheat, everybody does....I should use the actual replica version that I do own already. (Except my older brother conficated my sword and scabbard and apparently only temporily!) and that I'm really awesome

There were few other things like sowing a blue-grey hem into those robes along every edge and some of that very same felt sown into the hem of the hood in the more conical shape of his hat without the brim. 

Yet, my sowing skills remind unused and untested.

The other disappointed was that I was turned away from the front door. Because the admission was forty dollars and not the more affordable thirty to thirty-five I noticed  it was on the website. Sure this might have ben in U.S, dollars, but I doubt since this is a Australia only convention. It's made fro us Aussies

Where I missed the likes of.....

Barbara Eden famous as the Genie from I Dream of Genie. Who I once mistaken a actual prostitute I had have the pleasure of experiencing. Not actually her, but a woman around about my age that reminded me a lot of her. Good times, that was heaven then and there....   Would avidly watch this show just for a glimpse of her belly button and would love to have heard her call me master. 

Babara Feldon] was well remembered as 99 from the original series of Get Smart. Did you ever wonder if the male lead from Star-Gate Atlantis sometime resembled Don Adams her original co-star on Get Smart. Gary Oldman differently the guy from head of C.H.A.O.S. and never was. Remembering the remake nearly ten years ago. I figured Alan Arkin a excellent choice for the Chief and that silly guy from the American version of The Office. Funny, but not good for Maxwell Smart

IT's getting hot in here must be .... her name! Old joke from her appearance on the Big Bang Theory. I feel like crying now!!!!

Might have asked him about the similarities between Star-gate SG-One and Slaine -Time-Killer Then again....maybe not such great idea, as more of a security guy than a ambassador. 

You know it just occurred to me that I might like to see him as the Warped-One and Simon Pegg as the other one. Proving Nick frost loses enough weight to qualify as member of the Red-Branch-Knights and to be kind of or partially warped as he is most of the time. No offence intended there. They are begging to both be Slaine and Ukko, a partnership made in the lands of the Earth-Goddess, because that might be as close as you get to being in heaven when in the land of the young. I name him most ultimate choice for the role of Slaine. Just a pity he's so short.

David Yos and Karen Ashley.....

Never was into them Power-Rangers, maybe if I was almost twenty years married with a wife and children now in their late teens.  I did go and see the film and was impressed with some of the enemy types. The ones that did some perform a dance routine. I think if I remember correctly. They just don't do it for me. This what you get when too diversity is allowed into a film or series.

You know what I mean.

And lastly him......Peter Mayhew makes a return to the Nova-Con and this time it would be the second time we were both in the same room. Makes my eyes water just trying to look up at face.

Yet, I ever got in. Maybe they decided to make thing harder for me since Gandalf the Grey is a potential terrorist risk.  I did wish I had hung around for some admirer to lend me the difference in money to get in and see these rare people. yet, I thoughtlessly just stormed off to the line up behind the only A.T.M., and then to the nearest rest-room. Which was the baby-change room where I ripped off my beard and wig and mask and robes, and journey over the river into the CBD to ask my brother for some extra money, but then I realised it was sunday and his office was shut.

Strange thing was that it took longer for me to walk from the convention centre than I expected it to be. Which runs almost along side and across the street from the Cultural Center and Brisbane Museum, which runs along side and across the street from the South Bank Parklands I have told you about this place before....

Strange because I had walk around the block completely after only turning a corner once to head where I thought was the parklands, but I ended up right where my father had dropped me off before I eventually made it to the parklands and the bridge going back across the Brisbane river. Strange, but true, this happened to me once before after catching a bus back from Byron Bay to Tweed-Heads one New-Years-Day in the recent past. it's like the streets had re-arranged them selves while I was walking them. Like, this place is a some sort of gigantic alien space-ship.

Strange but true, and would a nice moderator like to fix all the images in my post here. So they all work. I can only see three or four of them coming up. Don't worry, nothing rude here.

ThryllSeekyr