Main Menu

Prog 1989 - Descent into chaos

Started by Proudhuff, 09 July, 2016, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I seem to recall a Sinister Dexter one with Finnegan falling...

Hawkmumbler

Yeah i'm getting vibes that we've seen a similar cover recently as well...

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 12 July, 2016, 12:36:13 PM
I seem to recall a Sinister Dexter one with Finnegan falling...

there was one with Vic...

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Depends what you mean by recent and similar. Day Of Chaos went big on up-gusset Dredd:

Colin YNWA

Well I was completely miss remembering the Sinister Dexter cover and was miles off BUT found this when looking for it.

Frank

Shameful to think Roger Godpleton was banned for posting a goatse, when Tharg has mapped the anus of Megacity One's hardest man in such explicit detail, from every conceivable angle.

Hawkmumbler

Blimey, is that a Simon Davis, Colin? It's blooming lovely who ever it is!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 12 July, 2016, 06:21:22 PM

The dependably brilliant Jock, according to BARNEY.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 July, 2016, 06:25:34 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 12 July, 2016, 06:21:22 PM

The dependably brilliant Jock, according to BARNEY.
Dependably brilliant indeed, now I see his distinctions over Davis but the painted guache style threw me through a loop!

Timothy

Have I misremembered the first series of Black Shuck? I thought he'd become cursed as a result of being bitten by the monster on the island, but this week suggests he's been that way since birth. Most odd and v confusing.

Apart from that it's a solid Prog this week, with a couple of points of true genius.  The use of incendiaries to divert the heatseekers was fun (has this been done before?), and the final line of Scarlet Traces is surely a motto for our times.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 13 July, 2016, 11:52:03 AM
with a couple of points of true genius.  The use of incendiaries to divert the heatseekers was fun (has this been done before?),

That was one of the great Dredd moments in this series that made me grin like a loon! You won't get that sort of comic genius in the IDW stuff.

DDT did a job on me

Trent

With a following wind looking forward to 16 pages to wrap this up on Saturday.
Are we still supposed to be waiting for a major death? If so, then there may be more to come in follow up tales.

Colin YNWA

I think the death thing has been people reading too much into comments made (I include myself in that). I think Hershay has to go after this? Quite the full extent of her fate we'll have to wait and see.

Hawkmumbler

SHE GETS AIR LIFTED OUT BUT THEN THE MED WAGON EXPLODES*!!!

*To be continued in the Megazine...