Main Menu

Fire-Breathing Dimetrodon Time

Started by Grant Goggans, 16 June, 2015, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

No, that's not the name of a TV show.  Yet.  I wish.

For the last four weeks, I've been watching some classic 1960s kid-friendly shows with my four year-old, starting with Batman, HR Pufnstuf, and Thunderbirds, and I'm blogging about our experience, his thoughts, oddball production trivia, and so forth.  We are having a blast and you should read it.

https://firebreathingdimetrodon.wordpress.com/

Later this year, after we finish up the initial shows, we'll be adding other fun things like Captain Scarlet, The Ghost Busters, and, of course, Land of the Lost.  Doctor Who will start taking up most of the blog content in 2016.  So give it a read, wouldya?

Colin YNWA

I'm fine with it breathing fire but don't, don't call it a dinosaur...

... though here I suspect that doesn't need to be said.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 June, 2015, 08:28:12 PM
'Shudder'

Mardroid

It's always been one of the most archetypal dinosaurs to me growing up.

I was surprised and rather exasperated when I found out it isn't classed as one any more. Something about walking on bended elbows* and mammalian characteristics apparently.

*Although lizards to that, and dinosaur means "thunder lizard". And actual dinosaurs ironically, are not lizards...

Grant Goggans

When the actual fire-breathing dimetrodon does turn up when we start watching Land of the Lost, I'll be sure to consult the appropriate paleontology resources and make sure to call it a pre-Cambrian reptile or something accurate!    :D

Then again, that season of Land of the Lost also features a two-headed plesiosaur, an abominable snowman, and Medusa, and the dimetrodon's the best thing about it.

Grant Goggans

For those of you waiting for me to add another British series to the rotation of classic shows that we're watching, now's your chance.  Joining The Ghost Busters and Batman, it's Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons!  Say hello and goodbye to Captain Brown in the very first episode:

https://firebreathingdimetrodon.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/captain-scarlet-1-1-the-mysterons/

ThryllSeekyr

How about evolved flying reptile - now Dragon....called the Knucker.

Grant Goggans

Hey, everybody!

I wanted to re-invite everyone to check out our fun TV blog.  We've been having a ball watching all sorts of family-friendly stuff, including Gerry Anderson's Secret Service, all of Land of the Lost, and some classic Disney live-action films.  Earlier this month I introduced my son to The Goodies, and the current lineup is Ark II, Isis, and the new Thunderbirds are Go series.  I hope you'll bookmark us and tell your friends!

https://firebreathingdimetrodon.wordpress.com/