Main Menu

Prog 1968 Grease 'Em

Started by jannerboyuk, 13 February, 2016, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannerboyuk

Crikey Dredd ended on a down note!

Tjm86

Thought it was a stronger ending than some of Carrol's recent work.  Also carrying on this questioning of how much longer the Judicial system can carry on subtext.  Not bad as they go.  It did feel like there was a bit more mileage in the story mind.  This episode crammed a lot in it seemed.

jannerboyuk

Feels like a set up for a much bigger story. Return of Cal? :)

Tjm86

ZenArcade

C'mon super Eamon, get the cover up dude. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Ghost MacRoth

Cover:  Bit ....I dunno.....think it's the colours, but it's just a bit......messy. 

Dredd: Did not want this to end, but the end episode was grand.  Think the 'rushed' part was last week....which is certainly better than rushing the last ep, so it allowed this last one to be rather good.  The references to Cal's time were really well placed for me, and I definitely think this is not done.  Look forward to see where Carroll takes it next, and I have to say I'd love Sexton to be the one who takes us there.

Kingdom:  That other Aux has a mouth full of wrong!  Beat his sorry ass Gene dog!

ABC- Busters:  Is still going....but....meh.

The Order:  Even when it tries to make sense it's mental.  Lovde it.  Not often I have to immediately re-read a script, but I think this will be one of them once done.

Strontium Dog:  Familiar old ground?  Yeah, but it's like old slippers.....it's making me comfy and I like it.

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Colin YNWA

Another fine Prog with everything in good shape. Dredd in particular. What a fantastic ending, gloriously downbeat and ominous. I agree with Ghost MacRoth to a degree last weeks was the one that pushed things along to allow this weeks a nice bit of space to finish things with the time needed.

Elsewhere as you were really. Kingdom continues to be definative 2000ad with a lovely return to stories past. Similarly Ro-Busters is of course wallowing in the past but in a nice fresh way. I get the feeling The Order has got all its ducks in a row and much like last time we're headed to a riproaring high octane conclusion. Strountium Dog leds were I expected and has its pieces in place to a dynamic conclusion as forces are driven into each other.

All good for me.

staticgirl

A fine prog! The only problem with it I had was the cover. The illustration is pretty fine and I rather liked its busy-ness and action. However the title 'Grease 'em' was not the nicest font (I might have gone more graffitiesque but I'm no graphic designer) and it was totally squished in, which may have been because there was no space left in the illustration. They might both have worked well separately with different pardners.

Proudhuff

Well that was nice, Prog and Meg early at Huff Mansions and a couple o comic leftovers from last FP visit.
Damn fine cup of coffee, croissants and back to bed while it snows outside, nice morning.

Nerve Centre: Ad for Dullworld and WTF is Damage Reoprt about? seems Burdis' hand will have to go deeper into his pocket...

Cover:  Bit ....I dunno.....think it's not for me, I'm an old codger who like white space, design, text all that eighties FACE stuff so this guddle isn't for the likes o me, the text is lost. They should apply the top deck test on these.

Dredd: Did not want this to end, but the end episode was grand. 

Kingdom:  Yeah! classic comic book hero fights himself and why not...

Dust- Busters:  Is still going....going ....but I'm gone.

The Order: I have no idea WTF is going on, but enjoying the ride

Strontium Dog:  Agnes and Senga Twist love it, Cheery Bye!

Letterspage alert! no Butt'man phew...
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

I actually like the cover....brings me back years. The old and the ultra modern covers sit well in the prog. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Skullmo

I love the cover - but I do agree that the text is not the best. Having said that I've had issue with all the text used on the covers this year. It's looked odd.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 February, 2016, 12:49:32 AM
I love the cover - but I do agree that the text is not the best. Having said that I've had issue with all the text used on the covers this year. It's looked odd.

Glad to know I'm not the only one... at the risk of being flamed, I just don't think the font is used to best effect with the quality cover images that have are on show. The balance between the two hasn't been quite right & it has just rankled with me too.

Sorry 2000AD design bods, that's just my opinion, which I suppose ain't really worth many of them polystyrene cups...

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 February, 2016, 08:12:38 PM
Nerve Centre: Ad for Dullworld and WTF is Damage Reoprt about? seems Burdis' hand will have to go deeper into his pocket...

A Kickstarter!

My money is on Dredd 2  :lol:

Only joking, I'm thinking a game, or the 40th Anniversary celebrations, or something else!

Muon

Metal Mickey bites the dust!