Started by jannerboyuk, 13 February, 2016, 10:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

New Dead World tale coming up. happy days. cant wait. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: ZenArcade on 17 February, 2016, 01:30:01 PM
New Dead World tale coming up. happy days. cant wait. Z
Ditto! That's pretty exciting and no mistake, but let's hope they don't milk it for more than it's worth! The last 4 parter was the appetizer, make this the main dish and maybe bring it back in a winter special every couple of years.

TordelBack

Great Prog, best bit was Gene versus Canis (Major): how I dreamed it would be - both dogs got the bone, but only one can be Alpha! 

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 February, 2016, 02:39:47 PM
Great Prog, best bit was Gene versus Canis (Major): how I dreamed it would be - both dogs got the bone, but only one can be Alpha!

let's hope someone throws a bucket of cold water over them!  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Starkers

As is so often the case Dredd was the pick of the bunch for me. It still feels a little like a Judda retread but it was nicely done, although it would have been nice to know just what the Sector Zero folks had been up to all these years? It's all very well for Badger to cite Necropolis, Chaos etc. but what did he and his cohorts do during (and between) all those calamities? If they were waiting for 'the right time' then surely that would have been post Chaos?

It definitely does increasingly feel like Mega City 1 is reaching some kind of turning point, I certainly don't see how they can keep having huge disasters that keep whittling the city down to almost nothing. If anything it'd be nice if the next Mega epic ended up with MC1 better off and stronger as a result (an influx of new citizens maybe? Mutants or from an off world colony). They can't keep going the way they're going or pretty soon Dredd's going to be policing a village!

The rest of the prog was ok. Kingdom is always fun and Strontium Dog may be a tad old school but so what, loving it. Don't really care about Ro-Busters anymore and just can't seem to get into The Order.

IndigoPrime

I keep thinking the same with Dredd. With 800 million to play with, you could have a catastrophic epic, whittle down the city, and know it'd grow again pretty rapidly. With 400 million, the same. With 50–80 (depending on the writer, it seems), you're looking at a UK or a Germany. Sooner or later, it'll be more like a Spain, then a Belgium, then a Malta, before finally being Judge Dredd: City Block, with the old git policing the sole surviving building in the entirety of Mega-City One, which is entirely dependent on Waitrose deliveries from Brit-Cit for sustenance.

Dredd: DROKK! They didn't deliver the synthi-bread again. Next time we get our retaliation in first!

NEXT TIME

Dredd: Hello? I'm calling about a problem with my order... Yes, I know I... Don't put me on hold ag— DROKK!

Starkers

:lol:

So they lost half their pop in the Apocalypse War, another sixty million in Necropolis (as far as I recall), and I'm guessing another 300million+ in Chaos? I don't recall any numbers from the post-Enceladus ice judges attack but that did seem quite a devastating assault.

On the plus side I guess MC1 is still doing better than MC2 and East Meg 1!

ZenArcade

72,000,000 is the latest figure.Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 19 February, 2016, 05:11:41 PM
72,000,000 is the latest figure

Wow! 2000AD's circulation has really picked up since the 90s...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Muon

That was a really good prog. That Dredd tale really was a goodie but I couldn't help wondering how De Marco was able to kick so much ass when she'd been morphed to look like a normal citizen who actually looked quite unfit. Wouldn't the morphed body lack the strength and stamina to do the acrobatics she was doing? Or was it just a cosmetic morphing to make her look like the person?

Anyway, as others have said, the whole Dredd-verse seems to be falling apart these days, which makes the stories even more interesting. The centre cannot hold.

Highlight for me this prog was The Order. It's finally starting to make sense and fall into place. It confused me initially but there's something about the strip that's really grown on me and I love it now. I like how it just throws you into a fast-moving situation and challenges you to make sense of it. The strip has a really unusual atmosphere to it that I can't quite place. I can't think of anything else quite like it.

Mikey

Just caught up on the last seven progs and just wanted to say how bloody brilliant Ghosts was! The set up was great, the change in focus engaging and the reveal of [spoiler]Demarco [/spoiler] superb!
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Skullmo

Quote from: Bogbrush on 20 February, 2016, 05:21:57 AM
That was a really good prog. That Dredd tale really was a goodie but I couldn't help wondering how De Marco was able to kick so much ass when she'd been morphed to look like a normal citizen who actually looked quite unfit.

Magic
It's a joke. I was joking.

James Stacey

Muon

BPP

Hey Joe, you really should have been paying more attention to the senior judges you've been hanging around for 40 years because that guy who we've never mentioned disappeared and suddenly trained a cult of elite judges behind our back. They were building a massive complex right on our doorstep, thought the electricy drain was for a new otto sump clinic. By the way he was training these uber judges who are all sureshots and totally have the upper hand till DiMarco fails to shoot one in the head and a ramp collapsed. Then they became total shit. But hey, justice ya know.. its tricky. I'm going to babble some things about fascism now.. hey joe? you listening joe? JOE??

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd