Main Menu

Prog 1969: Klegg Nicked?

Started by Ghost MacRoth, 20 February, 2016, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodigal2

Loved this prog other than Ro-Busters which I have never been able to get into. Dredd's daftness actually gets my premier vote. I loved the different feel of the story and the Klegg's script made me genuinely chuckle.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 February, 2016, 10:44:03 AM

(and does anyone think that if Kid Knee survives, Johnny's going to give him a good kicking when this is over?)

Oh I bloody hope so! 
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Bolt-01

I really love this new version of kid, he is such a right Basty Nastard.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 February, 2016, 01:18:03 PM
I really love this new version of kid, he is such a right Basty Nastard.

I think he's more of a boaning mastard...
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

TordelBack

New Kid is great - he's actually a fairly different kind of character for Wagner, a less-charming version of Feek the Freak, and he obviously enjoys writing him. But why does anyone put up with him? I also think all the new Stixes ar a great addition: in fact if anyone in that group is boring it's Evans the Fist, and I've always loved him.

Mikey

I'm in the 'cracking Dredd' camp - definitely more light in tone than many of late, just like Sensitive Klegg himself. It made me smile.

And despite not really looking forward to more Johnny Alpha, this has brought me 'round and I'm now really enjoying it.

Kingdom has never put a paw wrong in my book, but this current run surely must be one of the best?

As fir Ro-Busters, meh I'm blowing hot and cold. It has its moments and I'm enjoying the art and Howard Quartz evil mastermind thing, but at the same time kind of struggle to see the point.

The Order is most certainly bonkers. It's getting on at a cracking pace, but I think it's mostly leaving me behind. Will see how it plays out.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

sheridan

Quote from: Butch on 25 February, 2016, 07:53:34 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 February, 2016, 07:32:05 PM
Quote from: Butch on 25 February, 2016, 06:56:33 PM

LED Belly in Robusters is supposed to be read L.E.D, right?

Um. No? Isn't it a play on words on leadbelly and should be read as such? What with him being a blues musician and all?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Belly

I get the reference, Doc, but he's a robot in a strip where the main robots have names which reflect the defining, roboty feature of their anatomy. Like a hand that is a hammer, or their jaws, which are roboty.

I can't say for certain that LED BELLY has light emitting diodes on his belly, but he does have what looks like a semispherical version of the old Simon game just above where his Little Red (robot) Rooster would be. Sorry, wrong blues man.
My first thought was that LEDs weren't well-known in the popular imagination at the point of the original Ro-Busters story, but a brief websearch revealed that the classic LED calculator was released in 1978, so the technology had just hit the mass market.  Ultimately only Uncle Pat could reveal if that particular pun was on his mind when he wrote it.

Can't see it happening but I'd quite like to get a visit to the planet (moon?) which had been taken over by gold-plated robots in one of these flashback strips.  Plus lots of travel tube chases.

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 28 February, 2016, 01:21:23 AM

Can't see it happening but I'd quite like to get a visit to the planet (moon?) which had been taken over by gold-plated robots in one of these flashback strips. 

I've been assuming that's where we were heading! I've been waiting most of my life to see what happens after Fall and Rise...!

Just realised I didn't praise this week's Kingdom: probably the best story since the first, brilliant stuff.  What's really happened to Lizzee? What role will the giant ticks play? Will Gene bite the hand that doesn't feed? So good.

Molch-R

D'Israeli has very kindly given the 2000 AD Tumblr a special peek behind the process on Undercover Klegg...
https://2000adonline.tumblr.com/post/140452436512/behind-the-scenes-disraeli-on-undercover-klegg#.VtnFyPmLT0M

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Molch-R on 04 March, 2016, 05:31:06 PM
D'Israeli has very kindly given the 2000 AD Tumblr a special peek behind the process on Undercover Klegg...
https://2000adonline.tumblr.com/post/140452436512/behind-the-scenes-disraeli-on-undercover-klegg#.VtnFyPmLT0M

....and he did a similar breakdown on his Instagram this week, art fans!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 04 March, 2016, 05:59:56 PM
....and he did a similar breakdown on his Instagram this week, art fans!  ;)
So that's where everyone is these days. 

I do like artist breakdowns and miss them on their blogs. Many of which seem to have fizzled out. At least the ones on Blogger, that is.