Main Menu

Prog 1971 - The Jaws of Defeat?

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 05 March, 2016, 12:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

Not a thrill in sight from the postie YET AGAIN on a Saturday, I'm fed up with waiting till Mondays for my prog to be delivered. 
:-(

Dandontdare

Nothing here either.

It's our own fault - the warehouse droids are busy packing all our GN bargains from last weekend's sale and so forgot to put the prog in the post in time...

Darren Stephens

3 pages in and not one review yet. Is this a record, Norris?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

sheridan

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 07 March, 2016, 06:46:08 AM
3 pages in and not one review yet. Is this a record, Norris?
Oh well, I'll weigh in as well then - no prog here (I pick it up at a comic shop, so won't be getting anything until Wednesday anyway, but wanted to join in this record-breaking attempt).

IndigoPrime

I have my copy now. Either that or I'm hallucinating 2000 AD. Only read Dredd and Kingdom so far, but both are top-notch again.

Skullmo

Still no Prog :'( I am just lying on the floor unable to face the week

It's a joke. I was joking.

Timothy

This thread has been ruined by Indigo Prime.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 07 March, 2016, 11:14:35 AM
This thread has been ruined by Indigo Prime.
*uploads video of slowly reading through 2000 AD, but blurs out the pages and laughs maniacally*

Skullmo

My prog has just arrived! Although the happiness was somewhat marred by the announcement that Survival Geeks is coming back soon :'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

I've read the rest now. ABC Ret-con continues to meander. Not sure I could lose any more interest. Attack of the Wyrms still needs a re-read but feels a lot like it's beamed in from 1970. Strontium Dog. Hmm. I was hoping [spoiler]this would at least give them a firm footing for a new Doghouse[/spoiler], but it seems not.

Read from last story to first for best effect this week, I'd say.

Magnetica

My Prog has just arrived.

First time with the normal subscription plastic envelope. Just a little bent in the top corner. Nothing a couple of hours under a couple of heavy books won't sort.

Don't have any encyclopedias...so what shall I use?

Oh yes, the art of Brian Bolland, the art of Judge Dredd and the Dan Dare collected edition should do the job. :lol:

Ghost MacRoth

Finally my Prog arrived!  (So Proudhuff will be able to review his any time now. :D )

Cover:  I'd agree with all that's said so far, it's a cracking bit of penmanship, but it's also a bit flat in the colours.

Klegg: May as well call it what it is.  Still just annoying me. 

Kingdom: Getting a bit deeper now....(not difficult really!) and I like the shift toward the end, where it appears that with all the best intentions....Gene may be about to become the problem?

Ro-Warriors: Still enjoying the art...mostly.  Prefer his inked B&W stuff, rather than the murky digital....but at least it's not pictures of his mates.  Again, the script just seems to be a vehicle for Pat to bitch about what annoys him these days.

The Order: Looking forward to a re-read to square this up in my head....

Stronty: Had hoped for a bit more action at the end, but still a largely satisfying tale overall.  Hope for more soon!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Colin YNWA

I really like the cover image. I think that little shot of light reflecting on the chaps on the ballon really works. BUT its whats inside the Prog that matters and when whats inside the Prog is this good we doing okay. Dredd is just hilarious, Kingdom has a fantastic revelation which promises much for the future, Ro-Busters / ABC has a threat for the future, The Order is just device and Strontium Dog has a stonkin' end.

Perfect Prog in so many ways - love it.

Which is why Tharg's promises for the line-up from 1973 are a little disappointing. Still we see and we have been spoiled of late.

CalHab