Main Menu

Big Year!

Started by Proudhuff, 24 March, 2016, 04:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Thargy baby, can we have some themed covers for the Prog  'years' ahead?
Something similar to the magazine Cal-hab question issue?

You know the kinda thing, Big punk graphics on Prog 1976 and 1977, 1984 big brother etc

Come thargy you can do it... and might get you some media interest  :D
DDT did a job on me

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

I, Cosh

Well I've already given Tharg his tag line for Prog 1989 but I've been sitting on this one for next year.

In the Prog 2525, if Dredd is still alive...
We never really die.

ZenArcade

Prog 1999 Durham Red balloons. Ok I'll just go then...  :-\
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Muon

How about little Easter eggs rather than a bunch of themed covers? Like a little Johnny Rotten poking his head out from behind Dredd's lawmaster on the front of prog 1976?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 March, 2016, 10:29:08 PM
Well I've already given Tharg his tag line for Prog 1989 but I've been sitting on this one for next year.

In the Prog 2525, if Dredd is still alive...

Always a delight to see The Flight of the Concords' parents.

Anyway I've told you before what the covers shoud be from 1977 onwards, so I'm disappointed to have to repeat myself.

Cover for 1977 should be a tribute to a prog cover from 1977, cover for prog 1978 a tribute to a cover from that year and onwards.

Come on Tharg you know it makes sense.

Tjm86

Prog 2001: A Comics Odyssey?

The Adventurer

Prog 1985, Johnny and Wulf stepping out of a Delorean.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tjm86

Well if we're going down that road then Prog 1984 has got to be either Torquemada or Dredd Big Brother style.

Buttonman

Original as always Tom!

Here's my scandalously unpublished letter sent is the distant past around Prog 1918 :

Dear Tharg,

Now that your Prog numbers have reached the years of the 20th century I wonder if you have considered running strips to coincide with certain pivotal years? Just imagine Progs 1960 - 1969 could see Mega -City One enveloped in a mysterious 'peace and love' epidemic that is ruthlessly stamped on by Dredd in Prog 1970.

Progs 1939 - 1945 could see Alpha round up other Nazis and their collaborators to add to his current tally of Hitler, and Prog 1977 could start a run depicting a new outragous comic that enslaves the minds of many young humans for the rest of their lives.

With these all locked down all we need is the answer to the time honoured question - What will the year 2016 be called when 2000ad hits 2000 issues?

Proudhuff

we only have your word for that!

next you'll be humping about Prog 2000...
DDT did a job on me

jannerboyuk

Your 1984 request has been approved  :D