Main Menu

Recent posts

Events / Re: Lawless 2024
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 01:30:43 PM
So whose defo going to this? Just started to get off my ass to organised going and it all rather slammin' up in price! With train ticket, room and entry I need some encouragement to shell out. I can do Thought Bubble for 1/2 the price and was juggling which to go for.

The cool thing about Lawless I'm thinking is meeting folks from the board, so whose defo going (I'm defo not sure yet!)
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 April, 2024, 08:29:26 PMAlthough, the last time he talked to MOLCH-R for the thrill-cast, he said that he felt he wasn't done with Dredd.
I mean, maybe there's a 'for now' caveat, but it does feel like his work was a block of content that happened, and there's no telling whether there will ever be any more. I'd like it if there was, but can also fully understand the 'if it's not Wagner' issue. (Although judging by the lack of Wagner these days, that's becoming increasingly moot, unless we day Dredd ended with Day of Chaos and everything since is happening in the fevered imagination of a dying Dredd's final moments.)
General / Re: Exposition Death Screams
Last post by Swerty - Today at 11:31:52 AM
I like the one in Cursed Earth part 5 where the plane crashes into Mount Rushmore and he screams "No!No! Not the teeth!"
Off Topic / Re: This is the News!
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 10:37:41 AM
Self-immolation for the worship of a weirdo conman without a single redeeming feature.  What the hell is going on?

https://www.thejournal.ie/man-sets-himself-on-fire-trump-6359959-Apr2024/
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - Today at 10:25:10 AM
Not in a comic, but from my old flatmate in my student days when I pretended to stab him: 'MY EYYYES! AND  NOW MY BRAIIIN!'
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 10:15:08 AM
Megazine / Re: Meg 467: Brit for Duty?
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 10:04:36 AM
A supercool cover by McCrea. All those sharp angles. Love it! Colour scheme also very attractive.

Dredd the tail feels familiar, but executed expertly, great art. The problem I have is surely robot staff would have protocols for Judges? I don't recall if we've met Hives before. Surprised Dredd took so much lip.

Armitage the department has been completely Spectored... this was a fun grumpy old man episode. Is this harking back to an old case we've already seen then? Looks good.

DeMarco I've read each month but not following it too well. I don't get why she hasn't realised her contact is the one behind her problems. Or at least that did seem to occur to her last series, but nothing came of it? Anyway she's coming across as a bit of an eejit at the moment. Still looks good though.

Devlin I didn't get the underlying vibe of doom Colin did... for me this was a sentimental nostalgic tale with Devlin at his most avuncular. Big shift from the last episodes where he came across as a real predator. PJ's lovely art lending the tale a certain sweetness that works very well with the story. A story that boiled down to... Devlin moves house?

Harrower is absolutely fine, bit of horror in there, enjoyable stuff.

As for the reprint I'll take Scream any day of the week, Hookjaw I'm still enjoying, super gory this month!, the very good Dredd reprint tale comes to an end.

An OK Meg with Dreadnaughts returning next time should elevate it a bit.
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 09:36:36 AM
Another great write-up Colin! Big fan of his characters here, particularly Chimpski. The 'I see nude people' one another funny highlight. He does have range, going from light, high comedy to really gritty stories with grim endings. I think he 'gets' Dredd and particularly the world of MC-1 too.

We've had foreshadowing of a mega-epic what with Rico hallucinating The Dead Man and Fargo, and the death cult nerds. Very much looking forward to it!
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:29:04 AM
The cover to Fantasy Advertiser #18 (1968) by Steve Moore is currently up for sale, a rare, rare piece from what feels like the dawn of comics fandom. It's on a 'buy it now' so don't delay if you're interested! I'm not the selller.

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/04/steve-moore-fa-16-cover.html
Megazine / Re: Meg 467: Brit for Duty?
Last post by scrotnig - 19 April, 2024, 09:51:21 PM
The Meg always feels slightly flat after a Lawless run but it's pretty good nevertheless. Fantastic to see Armitage back again. One of my favourite strips and characters.

I like the reprints. I haven't read most of them previously so for me it's like having more new stuff!