Main Menu

Inside No. 9 (BBC2)

Started by Goaty, 12 February, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Psychoville is great - could easily have had another series out of that.

Mardroid

I agree. I was hoping they wouldn't just send do with series 2.

Getting Inside No. 9 instead isn't a bad thing but It would be nice if they'd do another Psychoville later, although I doubt they will.

sheldipez

Quote from: Mardroid on 23 February, 2017, 12:55:34 PM
I agree. I was hoping they wouldn't just send do with series 2.

Getting Inside No. 9 instead isn't a bad thing but It would be nice if they'd do another Psychoville later, although I doubt they will.

By the end of the show it ended up being one of those great and unique series that no one tuned in to watch; the ratings really dropped off by the end and I am sure there's an video interview somewhere with either Shearsmith or Pemberton talking about it. RIP Psychoville. I thought it was as good as League personally.

CrazyFoxMachine

Just saw the first of Series 3 - up to their usual high standards but I did feel the final twist was one too far (and didn't entirely land) but the cast was wonderful and [spoiler]the hand-stab game was absurdly tense - only Pembleton/Shearsmith could go from arguing over the bill to The Deer Hunter in twenty minutes[/spoiler]

JLC

Wonderful stuff. Just wish there were note episodes per season

Mardroid

Yeah. Outside Dr.Who and soap operas, 6-8 episodes (most likely 6 or 7) is pretty standard for UK series. Despite this, I often find myself surprised and hankering for more. I think we're spoilt by US series.

Steve Green

Quote from: JLC on 25 February, 2017, 04:19:31 PM

I've posted this before, but the commentaries for S2 are well worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-reece-in9

You need to listen to them in order though, with 12 days of Christine first and Seance Time last.

JLC

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 February, 2017, 06:44:57 PM
Quote from: JLC on 25 February, 2017, 04:19:31 PM

I've posted this before, but the commentaries for S2 are well worth a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-reece-in9

You need to listen to them in order though, with 12 days of Christine first and Seance Time last.
Thanks for the link!

Steve Green

Goaty

Forgot it was on last Tuesday, watch it on iplayer.

Great episode, didn't expect that twist!

CrazyFoxMachine

Yeah a particularly focused episode where the twists are woven really tightly into it. Properly properly horrible as well - I love how you can go into Inside No. 9 going "this will get dark" and even then it'll surprise you with how far it can go.

I'm so glad this has caught on - I remember there being a bit of a "they'll never do that again" vibe after the first series came out for at least half a year and now they're recording the fourth series even as the third airs. Lucky to have seen Pemberton & Shearsmith discussing and showing the legendary silent episode live in Bristol once as well.

Dandontdare

Those BBC buggers confused me on catch up - When i saw this was ep3 I thought I'd missed one, but they were counting the Xmas one, as part of the series.

I'm absiolutley loving this, the best thing on telly for years. They all have the odd logical flaw if you think about  them too much:
The Bill: [spoiler]why would he join the consptracy rather than calling the police? He's alrteady loaded, and they've got no leverage on him[/spoiler]
The sphinx: [spoiler]as she is a crossword expert, why is she so eadilly led clue by clue? She has the grid and the list of cluues, but doesn't twig asphyxiation, myistery guest or pufferfish[/spoiler]

Minor nitpicking though - I bloody love this series

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 March, 2017, 09:46:28 PM

The sphinx: [spoiler]as she is a crossword expert, why is she so eadilly led clue by clue? She has the grid and the list of cluues, but doesn't twig asphyxiation, myistery guest or pufferfish[/spoiler]

Minor nitpicking though - I bloody love this series

I've only watched this once, and then under the influence of alcohol but [spoiler]she wasn't a crossword expert though was she? Thought that's why she had to have it all explained to here.[/spoiler]

I could well be wrong. I usually am.