Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Ahead of my long, long awaited upgrade to the PC's innards, I decided to install The Witcher 2 and see how the old beast handled it. Really well it turns out! Only just got through the prologue (it's a long old thing) but I see why people like this Witcher thing now - first game proved impenetrable with cack fighting and droning exposition, this one is beautiful. Small details like the assassin spitting out snot and water after swimming onboard the ship had me feeling good from the opening cutscene, by the time the dragon attacked I was in.

So. Might have to put off this upgrade a wee bit longer... but think how cheap Deus Ex and Xcom2 will be when I finally get around to it.

Grugz

well,i got myself battlefield 4 for under £2 and "star trek online" for free!!! ship combats a bit fiddly and hard to control but you cant really complain at that price!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tony Angelino

World of Tanks. I go through periods where I play it constantly and then don't play it for months.

Dr Feeley Good

Just started Mad Max on the Xbox one,bought it before Christmas but only just got around to it ! My pile of games I haven't started yet gets bigger by the week, including the new Deus x,the latest halo,fallout,remastered gears and borderlands and dying light  ! All them to get in before battlefield one,titan fall 2,call duty infinite and remastered modern warfare...Anyway only  had a couple of hours on Mad Max but I'm really enjoying it  !

Satanist

I've been looking forward to playing the critically acclaimed Dear Esther for a good while so bought it right away now its available on PS4.

Its shite. I could have completed it by holding forward for 1.5 hours nudging left or right occasionally, and the story aint that great either. I don't have anything against walking sims as I quite enjoyed Gone Home recently.

But I am glad I played it as now I can say how shit I think it is. Which is very shit!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Satanist

Gonna download Darkest Dungeon on my Vita this evening as I've been looking forward to that for ages! Let the insanity commence.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

More DOOM

Haven't had much time to play games in the past couple of months, but when I found some free time I loaded this old thing up. It really is fantastic. I thought I was done with the whole FPS thing, but DOOM really is spectacular. The best description I have read is that it is a De-boot. It is the the FPS genre boiled down to its basic elements. Murder, kill, destroy. To paraphase Zero "Yahtzee" Punctuation; it's like hanging out with an elderly relative who gives so few shits they were fired from the fertlizer shop.
You may quote me on that.

Theblazeuk

Keef Monkey

Had a long weekend and nothing planned so blasted through Gears of War 4 and oh man did I enjoy it. I loved all the previous games so I knew it was going to feel good to jump back in but was actually taken aback by just how great it feels and how happy I was with the way returning characters were handled. It's a very smart sequel/refresh which structures itself in a way that mixes the old with the new in clever ways.

The structure too means the enemies are really varied and things keep switching up at points (the prologue is a good example, it's a playable history lesson where you get to play battles from previous wars, before you're plonked in present day post-locust). The running vault is a great move too, and so useful that it's hard to imagine it wasn't always there.

Loved it, and already started again on Insane mode (I always play Hardcore first time on Gears games, they're about the only games I don't do a Normal run on first). Multiplayer is super tight and the campaign tickles all the same spots as something like Fast & Furious or Pacific Rim (the latter gets some very heavy nods during the mech/monster battles) so right up my alley. If you've ever enjoyed Gears then it should hit the mark with you in a big way.

auxlen

Currently enjoying Dead by daylight....

radiator

Hyper Light Drifter on Steam - picked it up for about a fiver(!!!)

You know that thing when it feels like a game was made just for you? That's what I got with this.

I'd heard it compared to Zelda, but I actually think it's more like Bastion meets Fez. Stunning pixel art graphics and wonderful sound design, with a moody electronic score. Purely visual storytelling and tutorialising (ZERO story waffle or exposition to get in the way of the game) and an open world to freely explore. The combat is tight, tactical and punishingly, satisfyingly tough, offset by generous checkpointing and an addictive, 'I'll get 'em this time" mechanic (putting me in mind of Hotline Miami). Love it!

Tony Angelino

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 10 October, 2016, 02:22:13 PM
Had a long weekend and nothing planned so blasted through Gears of War 4 and oh man did I enjoy it. I loved all the previous games so I knew it was going to feel good to jump back in but was actually taken aback by just how great it feels and how happy I was with the way returning characters were handled. It's a very smart sequel/refresh which structures itself in a way that mixes the old with the new in clever ways.

The structure too means the enemies are really varied and things keep switching up at points (the prologue is a good example, it's a playable history lesson where you get to play battles from previous wars, before you're plonked in present day post-locust). The running vault is a great move too, and so useful that it's hard to imagine it wasn't always there.

Loved it, and already started again on Insane mode (I always play Hardcore first time on Gears games, they're about the only games I don't do a Normal run on first). Multiplayer is super tight and the campaign tickles all the same spots as something like Fast & Furious or Pacific Rim (the latter gets some very heavy nods during the mech/monster battles) so right up my alley. If you've ever enjoyed Gears then it should hit the mark with you in a big way.

Having played all the previous ones (Gears 2 in particular) I caved in as well and bought this. Only played first few levels but really enjoying it.

NapalmKev

I've played it before and I'll play it again.

"Played what? I hear you cry. Resident Evil, that's what!

Finished the game on Hard in a manly 2:24 with no saves! If I wasn't hammering the lager (forcing me to take toilet breaks) I reckon I could finish the game in less than 2 hours!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Radbacker

hmmm, i'v ejust realised i've put more that 200hrs nito Mechwarrior Olnine, bril;liant if you like big stmompy Mechs (and the Battletech universe which i adore) but very addictive, its a Free to lay but the Miicrotransaction model is brilliant and with smart play aside from the hero mechs (mechs with unique Hardpoints and a boost to C-bills earning) you really dont have t o spend a dollar on it at all (though it can be hard getting extra Mech Bays without putting the dollars in but you get forur to start with(, i now have over 35 Mechs n my gararge and plenty more to collect but its very balanced no matter what mech you get (thoughthe clan Mechs do have an advantage just one the sheere amount of hardpoints they have, there is only a couple of duffers and even they can be made decent with a bit of modification.
anyone else play?  i'm Radbacker there if anyone else is playing \? Ineed some more recruits for my mercenary outfit we only got 5 members at the moment.

REgards Radbacker 100T Atals coming at ya!!!

Cu Radbacker

The Enigmatic Dr X

Rattled through the single player campagin of Halo 5 last week.

What a con. 14 "levels", two or three of which were talking to people and you played Master Chief in only three of them.

Read a review that said it was notable that the protaganists did precisely nothing in terms of advancing the plot, which is true.

And it was piss-easy, which on balance was a good thing as it meant it took under six hours to get through.

Of to start Uncharted on the PS4 now.
Lock up your spoons!