Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Link Prime, 02 June, 2015, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Remember when Fallout 3 was out for first time? Coming out of the underground vault into the wasteland for the first time on fallout 3 is the best gaming moment ever for me.

Greg M.

Have now watched the trailer four times. It's real! Even yesterday with the 'Please Stand By', I thought we were just going to get an official announcement, not actual footage. And it is indeed set in Boston, as long predicted. Plus, Eyebots and Vertibirds - is the Enclave back?

Rog69

I'm really excited for this, I loved Fallout 3.

It looks like they are trying to push the existing engine to it's limits rather than using a new one, it looks a little last gen in places but the character animation looks vastly improved. Still, early days yet.

So, do we get to play as a dog this time around :)

Grugz

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 June, 2015, 03:59:58 PM
Fallout 3 was just incredible.  New Vegas, even with the bugs ironed out, didn't grab me at all. 

this... lonesome road the dlc for new vegas felt more like a nuclear apocalypse,and vegas itself seemed too populated and don't get me started on the legion
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

NapalmKev

Quote from: Grugz on 03 June, 2015, 06:40:13 PM
Fallout 3 was just incredible.  New Vegas, even with the bugs ironed out, didn't grab me at all. 

this... lonesome road the dlc for new vegas felt more like a nuclear apocalypse,and vegas itself seemed too populated and don't get me started on the legion

I always treated the Legion as Cannon fodder, fucking dirty slaver twats. Still, I thought 'New Vegas' was a quality game and look forward to number 4.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Professor Bear

This looks mildly diverting.  Will there be motorbikes in it?

ThryllSeekyr

Want to be a dog all the way through this  :P

Chris Tresson

This does look interesting though!

New Vegas really sucked. I couldn't even bring myself to play it all the way through. Fallout 3, though... Did all that and all the DLC.  :)

Theblazeuk

New Vegas was the best. The Legion's massacre of that first town was the most memorable bit of any Fallout for me.... I let them scare me off, then followed them at a short distance... before flinging about 20 grenades into their midst and running like hell.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 04 June, 2015, 11:35:39 AM
New Vegas was the best. The Legion's massacre of that first town was the most memorable bit of any Fallout for me.... I let them scare me off, then followed them at a short distance... before flinging about 20 grenades into their midst and running like hell.

I did the same thing and ended up with Legion Death squads hunting me across the Mojave. Great fun, and the bastards had it coming.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

Couldn't get into Vegas either, got to the city and rapped it there. Fingers & toes crossed this can get a pre Xmas release.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Greg M.

The best bits of New Vegas were the DLC - even if you didn't like the main game (and I enjoyed it myself, though it wasn't as good as Fallout 3 - but what is?), Honest Hearts and Old World Blues were well worth it.

Goaty

Greg M.

And now it's looking like it might actually be out this year. Blimey!

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 05 June, 2015, 01:09:33 PM
And now it's looking like it might actually be out this year. Blimey!

Really? Brilliant.

I'll add my comment to New Vegas; not as good as Fallout 3, but a great game in its own right (I particularly enjoyed the bizarre 'Dead Money' and excellent 'Old World Blues' DLC too).
I'm very rarely compelled to go for a Platinum Trophy, but managed for both of these- wasting huge swathes of my life.