Main Menu

Doom (2016)

Started by Goaty, 15 June, 2015, 02:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Keef Monkey

It does look great, very old-school and stripped back gameplay-wise but looks like it does the thing you want a DOOM game to do and does it well (shooting demons in the face). Wolfenstein showed you can update a classic shooter in a cool way, so very hopeful for DOOM.

Goaty

There is Doom Beta available to download on Steam. half way download it

NapalmKev

Been playing the Beta on PS4. Very reminiscent of old-style shooters such as Timesplitters or the Left 4 Dead series. Absolute carnage! Stunning graphics as well, could be a day one purchase.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

Funnily enough I was super hyped for this until I played the Beta. Not impressed as the controls seem very loose and I'm not convinced about game balance when you can level up your character for add ons.

Will keep an eye out for reviews but I think this'll be mainly for the story mode.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Grugz

downloaded the beta but could never get a game for some reason... like most things might wait a while for this.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Dunk!

Playing it.

It's fab.  :D

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Satanist

I've to many games at the moment but will pick this up in august for about 20 quid just for the single player.

Mattofthespurs

My Son has this.
Whilst I appreciate the graphics the game play is rather shite imo.

Satanist

First level of this is available to download and play for one week only on PC/PS4 and XBOXONE

NapalmKev

Stunning game! I would advise playing the Ultraviolence (Hard) setting on the first play through. It's insanely good!

Cheers

radiator

It looks good, except for the apparent emphasis on canned melee attack animations - the sort of thing that really bugs me about modern games.

Mattofthespurs

My boy beat this, on the hardest level, inside a week. He has now abandoned it for...Doom 2.
Says it all.

The Enigmatic Dr X

So tempted to get this... but I will wait until the New Year to keep my resolution to buy no new games in 2016.
Lock up your spoons!

NapalmKev

There was an update the other day. Two new game modes and weapon fixes for Multiplayer, and a load of new stuff for the snap map editor!

Stunning game, can't recommend it enough!

Cheers