Main Menu

New Warhammer Games

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 03 October, 2015, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Aside from the new Total War game, all the Dawn of War games, Space Marine and Space Hulk/Ascenion.....

Warhmmer 40 K - Regentcide If you want to play Chess......Marines VS Orcs - Purchased!

Warhammer Fantasy : End Times - Vermintide Five Heros Vs Skaven in Epic Co-Operative.....Now Available!

Warhammer 40k Death-Watch - Enhanced Edition Marines Vs Tyranids - Turn based. Available: 16th October 2015

Warhammer 40k - Storm of Vengeance   Marine Vs Orcs - A pivotal moment in Warhammer 40k history

Warhammer 40k - Armageddon Steel Legion and Marine Vs Orcs - Turn Based - Ready To Play

Warhammer 40k - Kill-Team Marines Vs Orcs Vs Tyranids - Ready to Play

Warhmmer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Armada Marines vs Chaos Marines on Battle Ships in Space - RTS - 2016

That last one came as surprise to me.

Bloodbowl Two Everything from Warhammer Fantasy in their own version of American Grid-Iron.  A game fill with humour based on the board version, which had played with friends on numerous occasions and had brought the previous instalments of the pc game. Was initial interested, but lost interest when I realised it's a even more tedious game played between me and the computer with just the same people/creatures sitting on seats around the stadium and the same cheer- squads. It did get dull for me not long afterwards.

Lets hope the appeal of this one last longer....it does look more spontaneous, more detailed and better game play, something that's more inspiring, both commentaters are for the very time shown. I didn't know the Wood-Elf was really a Vampire. 

yes, I brought this as pre-order just recently and it was only today I saw that it had been out, possibly since sometime last month after I sent them money. Unfortunately.... right now,  I don't have the hard-drive space to install this game, but I have been uploading several videos that seem to have finished doing just that over the late afternoon and night...it's now 24 past 12 Sunday morning.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Vermintide looks the one. Death to the skaven!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ThryllSeekyr

Been playing the new Blood Bowl game all morning and have won two matches so far against some other humans or Bretonian players and some Ork team called the Death-Heads, some Dwarves or Squats called Grudge-Bearers or something like that. Then the game suddenly introduces the Turn-over rule where you forego the rest of your turn if you roll a one. Another words, if you fumble the catching/throwing the ball, running the full extent of your movement, or smacking one of the opposing side. Since then, I had less than half the chance I started with and the current opposing team are High-Elves. Who have won three games after replaying the same match twice in the campaign mode.

While I find the game a huge improvement and more bearable to play over it's predessesor. Without being able to clearly identify why I do like this one better.  I will add that it's seems to have more of personal touch, better graphic and I'd like to repeat that it does have a personal touch. Everything does, right down to the individual players. Supposedly, they each have they're own A.I. or at least their teams do are supposed have individual A.I.. I'm not so sure as far as I have gotten into this game. It's hard to tell and this is where it's a lot like the other Blood-Bowl games before it. The computer controlled player have the individually of robots no that disimilar from each other.

Sure, the arrogance High-Elves play out their hubris once they have scored a goal and won the match, but whilst playing they are just like anybody lese. 

Graphically, everything is drawn with that much more detail than before and if it wasn't noticeable in the earlier games, then each player looks different from the one next to them and so on. The stadiums are more interesting...so how. Well, at least the fans sitting on the large wooden steps seem to be more numerous and varied than they were last time. I definitely had a problem with how you kept seeing the same group of people or demi-humans and monsters sitting in a small group anytime the auto-cam would sing into and zoom in on them to see them boo or cheer.  This time around it's not so easy to see them all, you just get a vague look at them through what camera angle the game is at while panning the cursor hand up and down and left and right.

I do have some issues with what could be missing animations or cinematics that should have ben included when a certain trio of men come over to stomp on the Nads of some unfortunate player before this scene is abruptly cut back to the playing field with now evidence of this ever happening. There is also the customary fans running onto the field to help or hurt somebody playing and it only says on box with some pretty illustration (I love some of the art work they use here, and it was used a lot in the previous games as well!) and some text explaining what's going on.  I'd rather see this happening than just read about (Sorry to say, I couldn't make video of the my game play, since have no hard-drive space!) it! There is a half-time sequence where you just suddenly see both sides rushing off in the same direction with out warning like it's not meant to have one. There a real break in the transition here that is almost game breaking and then the screen goes black after a match finish's........again with the break transition. These definitely need fixing if they want to improve quality of their game.

If you play the campaign like I did.....You are treated to studio view of place where Bob the Ogre and Jim the um.....Vampire do their commentary like real sports caster. Aside from my surprise over what Jim turned out to be.. I found their usual babble not much more interesting than what it had been in the earlier games, but this was one of things that was hard to beat from the start. It adds life to this game like we are watching a real football or soccer game and there is bit of plot that unfold as well.

You need to play to find out more though....   

A game I forgot to mention and it's still in Early-Access....

Mordheim: City of the Damned

Especially, if you like the Skaven or like whupping their taily butts. Me, I just don't get this game, it seemed pretty broken when first trying it out earlier this year after purchasing it. I t' like I need to play a group of locals or the Skaven them selves, but I'm controlling more than one of them and it might be that I need some other people to play co-op with me. I sure hope they have improved this one a lot since I last looked at it.

ThryllSeekyr

Not officially me, but of similar facial hair.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 03 October, 2015, 03:22:54 PM

Warhmmer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Armada Marines vs Chaos Marines on Battle Ships in Space - RTS - 2016

Gothic Cathedrals in Space....

Don't Watch this Unless You Don't Want The Game Spoiled For You

I haven't purchased yet and was trying to compare this with Homeworld with regards to some parts of it's game play. It's not like that game completely. There is also bits of Sins of the Solar Empire there....like with the frozen cinematics......I'm still ear-marking the next forty dollars that appears in my account for this game. Next week, maybe....

ThryllSeekyr

[control] It's raining Orks now!

He just stood there.....[/b]

May be he was just following orders. All that crap about dying for the emperor and not living for your selves seems important to those marines.

ThryllSeekyr

After watching the Launcher Trailers for Elder & Ork

Wouldn't be amusing if the audio was swapped  over for both of those. Although, it doesn't help that both of  the audios start sounding like they both belong to the Orks and from a lot of dialoge. You realise who they really are anyway. Yet, I would find this very amusing.

ThryllSeekyr

Have you ever wonder how much of your life you've spent waiting for games to download and install from Steam or even just that loading screen on any game outside of using the website.

I've been waiting since late last night for the new Warhammer game to do this, and I even topped up my internet to give it a extra kick, but it still varies between anywhere up to a week or two to o a few hours after it was initially showing a bit less than thirty minutes at first.

It's doing that again too.

Wow...it's just shot up to 165 days and few more hours and then timed out again.

At least it's now 84% of the way finished.

About that question of waiting, I think I have spent a good chunk of my life doing this....by my reckoning and not only waiting here, but waiting in general.

ThryllSeekyr

Was playing this new Total War Warhammer up until 10:00AM this morning (Which would have been about 11.00PM yesterday in U.K. time!). Only the skirmish with me vs Computer battles over various landscapes & inside underground caverns. With exception of use of magic and flying units everything is what I expected. No more than I anticipated and there are few things that may need to be fixed. Otherwise, no new ground covered as far I'm concerned, but still good WarHammer Fun.

There's also a evil wizard that looks and dress's a lot like Gandalf. (Minus the lip-hair!)There's also a Wight-King and few more hints that this could very easily be Lord of the Rings. Except for the Dwarven Gyro-Copters that dive to towards their chosen prey to spread some rotor styled damage. Again, Sky-Chariots, floaty ships hmmmm....

Pity, there is none of the gore from Dawn of War here and if I remember what was done with Total -War Atilla ...they might a game-mod with lots of that extreme stuff in it later on. Otherwise, giant units & they're wild but slow attacks are pretty cool. Not anywhere near as extreme as Dawn of War though!

Was silly enough record my first game and show some bad camera work, losing both battles quickly. Didn't work out the magic use of magic caster types until I had run out of space to video. Armies with more powerful, but less amount of units are much easier to control and than to watch over too many troops....

Wish I knew how mount some of the important ones to the new flyers.   

NapalmKev

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 May, 2016, 06:17:59 PM
Have you ever wonder how much of your life you've spent waiting for games to download...

While waiting you could go outside. I'm under the impression that Australia has a fantastic climate (better than the UK anyway). Pick yourself up, take yourself out and have fun! Legally!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: NapalmKev on 25 May, 2016, 08:55:34 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 24 May, 2016, 06:17:59 PM
Have you ever wonder how much of your life you've spent waiting for games to download...

While waiting you could go outside. I'm under the impression that Australia has a fantastic climate (better than the UK anyway). Pick yourself up, take yourself out and have fun! Legally!

Cheers

Well, it was after twelve, this morning....I felt more inclined to go to bed, but was busy looking for old comic book apt archived with a lot of old pulp/scifi/horror/adventure comics and was distressed when I couldn't find it. This took me right 6 in the morning.

Winter is Coming

As the say...& I'm looking forward to seeing Elder put into this game. Not sure, but I thinks this game is based on the new Warhammer Fantasy - Age of Sigmar which now appears to be dumbed down. Compared with the older stuff.

Do you think Warhammer had it's thunder stolen when Warcraft/StarCraft was established and now there's film out next month.