Main Menu

Free stuff on steam!

Started by richerthanyou, 18 February, 2016, 06:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio and HELL YEAH! are all free on steam right now! Get em quick cus there is no mention of how long they will be available for.

To unlock the games all you need to do is head to the Make Love Not War Steam page and click "Install Game." It's worth noting that this seems to be different from the storefront's free weekends, during which specific games can only be played for a limited time.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

I have Golden Axe all three versions of it from Steam already, plus the slightly more scifi spin off of that games. You can tell it made by the same people. Brings back more happy arcade memories......

I also the Commodore 64 version not long before the machine went right out of style and it's a terrible adaption of that arcade classic. I have friends who used to play that one on regular basis, always taking the same characters and planning ahead. Taking and making mental notes and getting a little bit further ahead each time. I think they completed the game over and over after initially doing so.

I took that freebie mainly for Jet Set Radio, which I think was early PStwo game that impressed me for it's originality and I still find the funky cel-shading art style a winner.

richerthanyou

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 February, 2016, 11:56:32 AM

I took that freebie mainly for Jet Set Radio, which I think was early PStwo game

Sorry bud, she was Dreamcast only back in those days (being published by Sega)

It came to PS3 many years later as a port, maybe that's what you're thinking of though.

You are right about the cel shading though. This is the game that brought cel shading goodness to the masses.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

Maybe....I recall playing this in the shops when it was put on display.4

jackstarr

Last minute one - I just spotted that Tropico 4 Special Edition is now free on Humble Bundle store, at least if you claim & redeem within the next 6 hours! - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tropico-4-free-game

By-Jove

The GamesWorkshop/Warhammer styled Corsair game looks interesting.