Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 05 March, 2016, 03:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 April, 2016, 12:40:26 PM
Dave Gibbons was involved with this

http://www.engadget.com/2016/04/29/no-mans-sky-lore-comes-from-classic-sci-fi-and-comics/

and if you want to own that comic you can only get it in the ltd edition which is £70 at Game.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

Didn't know Dave "Rogue Trooper" Gibbons was involved.

I, Cosh

So I hear its out now (on selected platforms.) looks beautiful; might buy it on Saturday if I don't go to Love Parade.

Like the soundtrack.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

I had time to instal it and get the update last night, but didn't have time to actually play it.  I have a free hour tonight - can't wait to get stuck in!

Modern Panther

It's gorgeous.  Intended to play for a while last night, and was captivated for hours. 

I discovered a species of llama with a tongue for a face, and a terrifying, fat, six legged camel with a strange doll head.  I've hidden in caves to try desperately to keep warm, and fought off space pirates in a dogfight.  I've discovered strange alien artefacts and spent ages shooting at rocks.

It's clearly a game that's going to divide people between "but what am I supposed to do, there's no plot its just collecting things" and "my God, there's so much to do".

Goaty

Is it good for Windows or need upgraded laptop?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Goaty on 11 August, 2016, 01:01:48 PM

Strontium91 posted on the other thread that the game is (currently) PS4 only.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

I, Cosh

Quote from: NapalmKev on 11 August, 2016, 01:34:48 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 11 August, 2016, 01:01:48 PM
Strontium91 posted on the other thread that the game is (currently) PS4 only.
PC version is out tomorrow.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Seems there are some pretty big issues with the PC version but I downloaded it for PS4 last night.

It's quality. I've played for about four hours and haven't even flown my spaceship yet. Just wandered around the first planet giving animals stupid names.

Too early to say, but the 'not much game' criticisms may be reasonable. Don't bother me too much. I could play Flow and Fantavision for hours on end.
We never really die.

moldovangerbil

I'm loving it, although the scope of it feels a little overwhelming at times.  Also, the galactic map is a bit of a pig to navigate - I flew from my starting system to a second one I randomly picked and then couldn't find my way back to where I started from! 

Greg M.

For the first time in the game, I have arrived in a star system someone else has discovered before me. The wonder and excitement of crossing paths with another voyager of the interstellar void was only slightly reduced by discovering they'd named the place 'Poop'.

I, Cosh

Ha ha. It wouldn't let me use the word "bass" when renaming stuff.

I haven't had this yet. Mostly because I'm so obsessed with mining stuff that I still haven't left the first system even though I've had the hyperdrive ready since Monday.
We never really die.

shaolin_monkey

For me, this is the gaming equivalent of crack cocaine. I could lose days playing this. My kids arehooked too, and are crying out for me to relinquish the controller.

shaolin_monkey

PS - anyone finding it hard to track down all the animals on a planet? I finally got the 'naturalist' title by uploading a 100% planet, but only because it was an arid rock with no indigenous life on it at all!!  :lol:

Modern Panther

I couldn't use "screaming".

I'm sort of glad that the game has no real multiplayer.  Every multiplayer experience will eventually be ruined by a cursing twelve year old, desperate to prove his manhood.

The game is really opening up now, with varied creatures on lots of planets and different types of systems.  Finding the resource I need and just surviving has become hard.  A lot of the reviewers who complained about the lack of variety clearly hadn't played for very long and wanted wondrous worlds from the outset