Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 05 March, 2016, 03:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

Yeah, I've always been missing at least two.  Is it just me having problems tagging birds?  They're usually too fast and far away to get a lock on.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Modern Panther on 20 August, 2016, 01:25:58 PM
Yeah, I've always been missing at least two.  Is it just me having problems tagging birds? They're usually too fast and far away to get a lock on.
Definitely not. Can't get a bead on the small, nippy ones for long enough. Saw a recommendation somewhere else to try shooting them and scanning the corpse but even that's too much for me. The one planet I have managed to 100% had some Neverending Story style flying dragons instead of birds.

Oh, and it was "baws", not "bass" which their profanity filter rejected...
We never really die.

GordonR

Quote from: Modern Panther on 20 August, 2016, 01:24:26 PM
I couldn't use "screaming".

I'm sort of glad that the game has no real multiplayer.  Every multiplayer experience will eventually be ruined by a cursing twelve year old, desperate to prove his manhood.

This.

Playing Call of Duty online eventually made me question my own sexuality.

I mean, with so many American teenage boys telling me I was gay, maybe majority rules applied, and they all knew something about me that I didn't.

By-Jove

No Mans Sky is best game ever

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

By-Jove

Wow, after a long lengthy grind.  I was offered the blueprints for a hyper-drive. Which reminds me of how I lost my virginity, but your have to work that out for yourselves  since I'm not to divulge any more on that.

One of those Korvax finally took pity on my seemly fruitless work and gave them to me much to my surprise & after al, I almost didn't realise what I was given. Since the amount of reading was starting to bore me.

The game is alittle more interesting, but a unforseen problem forced me to uninstall the game from my Steam list and I just can't reinstall it completely for the time being.

Modern Panther

I appreciate that a lot of people have moved away from No Man's Sky in frustration/uninstalled/smashed their discs and joined the howling internet rage calling for Sean Murray to be put to death.  But...

It turns out Hello Games have been working to bring NMS up to the standard they wanted.  The Foundation update improves graphics, changes the UI and unlocks some of the variation possible.  It also adds base building, upgrades space battles, a survival mode, photo mode, and changes the way the game feels and plays.  Remember how you could throw a rock and hit some essential plutonium?  It's all gone.  Bases are rarer, animals seem more common.

I've just started a new game in survival.  I spawned a ten minute walk from my ship, and have spent the best part of an hour trying to get to it.  I've died four times.  I feel like Matt Damon.

Goaty

Ahh well only positive news that TS is banned so we won't see his daily posts moaning about this game!

Satanist

Quote from: By-Jove on 07 November, 2016, 10:29:29 AM
Wow, after a long lengthy grind.  I was offered the blueprints for a hyper-drive. Which reminds me of how I lost my virginity, but your have to work that out for yourselves  since I'm not to divulge any more on that.

I suspect this is one of those thing best left unsaid and yet not knowing what it means will haunt me.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Quote from: Satanist on 28 November, 2016, 05:36:14 PM
I suspect this is one of those thing best left unsaid and yet not knowing what it means will haunt me.

Oh dear, I miss that! Lucky didn't read it here last week  :o

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Goaty on 28 November, 2016, 02:48:03 PM
Ahh well only positive news that TS is banned so we won't see his daily posts moaning about this game!

It's weird though, feels like he never left.