Main Menu

Pokemon Go app

Started by Goaty, 12 July, 2016, 09:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

US went mad over this app, and it about to be released in UK soon!

I, Cosh

I assumed it was already out as I've heard about nothing else since last Friday.

Turns out you can get it but you need to mess around with your location.
We never really die.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

shaolin_monkey

Ask James Stacey about his Charizard.  Oh, and ask him about Pokemon Go too.

shaolin_monkey

I caught my first just now - a Pidgey!

I also scored some pokeballs from a nearby store. 

I'm quite impressed by this!  I can see how addictive it's going to be.  Me and the girls are going to have a lot of fun, and hopefully it will promote more outdoorsy type stuff.  A game that encourages you to walk!  Sorted.

Goaty

I been try this Pokemon Go app, you only go to those areas and catch Pokemons, bring level up, that's it. But it will drain your Mobile Data. If your kids got it, you will get huge monthly bills. Very pointless app.

James Stacey

Quote from: Goaty on 14 July, 2016, 12:39:51 PM
I been try this Pokemon Go app, you only go to those areas and catch Pokemons, bring level up, that's it. But it will drain your Mobile Data. If your kids got it, you will get huge monthly bills. Very pointless app.
It drains your battery but doesnt seem to be too data heavy. Its just geolocation data.

Bhuna

Caught my first two, but bleedin' hell it doesn't half suck the life out of your battery!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

GordonR

It's just become the biggest mobile game ever in the US - 21 million active daily users, more than FB and Twitter - so, however else you might want to describe it, 'pointless'  wouldn't be one of the terms I'd pick.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: GordonR on 14 July, 2016, 04:40:34 PM

It's just become the biggest mobile game ever in the US - 21 million active daily users, more than FB and Twitter - so, however else you might want to describe it, 'pointless'  wouldn't be one of the terms I'd pick.

Not if you have shares in Nintendo, that's for sure.  I only found out what Pokemon Go was yesterday.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Goaty

Yep know it is biggest popular in US, but that was release last week, so wait and see next few weeks. it can drain battery so easy. and use data much.

But still enjoy Fallout Shelter :D

JayzusB.Christ

I'm a Spectrum man meself.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

pauljholden

My 11 year old couldn't be more excited for this, and as a kid with anxieties about going outside, he's actively looking to head out and catch pokemon with me and the missus, as well as giving us a great way to convince him to go to new places that he'd otherwise want to steer clear off.

Pointless is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose!

-pj

shaolin_monkey

Ha! My partner was passingly curious about it. I showed her, explained the basic principles, and asked if she was going to instal it.

'Pfft  - nah!' she said 'It looks totally pointless.'

She then proceeded to play her freemium 'build a kingdom' game that she spends hours a week on.

::)

Hawkmumbler

As a seasoned Pokemon fan, I sadly found the game app to lack something the actually Nintendo console games have in spades. I can't say what for the life of me, charm? Story? Universal investment? Whatever it is, I spent 2 hours wandering about St. Peter Port catching half a dozen Rattats and Pidgeys before I got bored, went home and cracked out the 3DS, booting up Omega Ruby for the memories.