Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 10 May, 2016, 07:37:44 PM
Tom Waits radio on Google play music which had a lot of Lou Reed.

Lou Reed radio on Google play music which had a lot of Tom Waits.

What are these things, they sound right up my street and so I'm interested but ignorant. I'm guessing its not a C90?

Tiplodocus

Suggested playlists on Amazon Music. You will get similar  on Dpotify etc.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

DaveGYNWA

Mainly this - didn't go to the gig as was due to see them supporting Blaze Bayley at the end of this month, wish I had gone now.

https://www.facebook.com/131347206687/photos/a.386701151687.172970.131347206687/10153427000186688/?type=3
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

DaveGYNWA

And dropbox has suspended the account because they've had over 2,000 requests for the file.

I'm going to host it on my website once the video is sent to me...will post a link.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

jacob g

Last week I bought Carpenter's Lost Themes II LP and now this record is on constant loop. Pure greatness (as first instalement of Lost Themes).

What is even better Sacred Bones will release two 12 ich singles with new versions of other his classics (The Fog/Halloween/Escape From New York, Attack on...).
margaritas ante porcos

Keef Monkey

Didn't know they were releasing those, will be great! Saw a video of his live band playing Escape From New York in the studio and it sounded fantastic.

Agree with you about Lost Themes II, it's brilliant. I enjoyed the first album but this is even better, love it.

esoteric ed

Current listening fodder includes...
Music for Insomniacs and Witchhazel by Matt Berry, some early China Crisis who I'm going to see next week, and new stuff by The Monkees (inlcuding a track written by Andy Partridge which is superb), the new ABC album and a sprinkling of Aphex Twin.

Looking forward to a VIP meet and greet night later in the year when Heaven 17/BEF play Liverpool, guest vocalists include Glen Matlock.

I don't half like me music me  :)

Ed

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Rately

Quote from: jacob g on 23 May, 2016, 10:33:52 AM
Last week I bought Carpenter's Lost Themes II LP and now this record is on constant loop. Pure greatness (as first instalement of Lost Themes).

What is even better Sacred Bones will release two 12 ich singles with new versions of other his classics (The Fog/Halloween/Escape From New York, Attack on...).

Fantastic stuff.

You should have a listen to the Bret Easton Ellis' podcast when he has John on to discuss the latest album, and his movies.

I currently have The Fog soundtrack on repeat and its magnificent stuff.

dweezil2

Was listening to the soundtrack to the slightly creaky TV adaptation of Ray Bradbury's, The Martian Chronicles in the car today.

Brough a lot of childhood memories flooding back!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Greg M.

This thread's been asleep for a while, so I will awaken it with the power of the funk - specifically, Funkadelic's One Nation Under a Groove. Wonderfully eccentric, gloriously groovy (of course) and yet with plenty to appeal to the ears of an inveterate rocker like myself.

CrazyFoxMachine

Who says a funk band can't play rock?

:D I <3 Funkadelic!

Steve Green

A lot of Teeth of the Sea at the moment.

Dandontdare

been listening muchly to an ozzie singer/songwriter by the name of Courtney Barnett. Quirky laid back observational wordplay in a cool accent.

I impressed myself with my use of new-fangled technologies with this - I'd heard one song on the radio that I liked but didn't catch the name - when I heard the song a few days later in a bar I SHAZAMed it to identify the artist and then SOUNDCLOUDed her to get a playlist.

Old One Eye

Been listening to a mix of Faith No More and Nine Inch Nails this morning.  I feel like I'm 20 again!
It's gotta be... THE GOAD!!