Main Menu

Free Comic Book Day recommends no anthologies for 2017

Started by Steve Green, 23 August, 2016, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Looks like all new material? Good stuff, 2000AD's FCBD superiority continues unabated  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

dweezil2

Quote from: Satanist on 20 January, 2017, 01:31:24 PM
Looks like all new material? Good stuff, 2000AD's FCBD superiority continues unabated  :lol:

Hope is reprint, pretty sure Deadworld is too.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Dandontdare

If anyone's picking up their FCBD goodies in Manchester tomorrow, I'm planning to meet up with Hawkmumbler for a quick pint around 12ish, all forumites welcome to join us!

walrus

Does anyone know of any stores which might offer these online please? I remember that there used to be one or two but I am unsure if any still do.

Unfortunately something has come up and I might be unable to make it to a store tomorrow. I would rather give my money to a comic shop than someone on ebay since the store has paid for the issue anyhow.

Cheers

Nic

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

sheridan

Quote from: walrus on 05 May, 2017, 04:55:58 PM
Does anyone know of any stores which might offer these online please? I remember that there used to be one or two but I am unsure if any still do.

Unfortunately something has come up and I might be unable to make it to a store tomorrow. I would rather give my money to a comic shop than someone on ebay since the store has paid for the issue anyhow.

Cheers

Nic

Can't guarantee it, but Mega-City Comics in Camden (who do mail order) had some left over last year, which they were offering for £1 each (which I think is about how much it costs the shops to get the copies).

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

walrus

Thanks Sheridan. I am hoping for some good news and being able to get to a store but I will try them if not.

Cheers

Magnetica

Just picked up my 2000AD and it's an American size. Is that normal or does it depend where you get it?

Last year's was"normal" 2000AD size.

Not a problem- very happy to have- just wondering.

Goaty

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 May, 2017, 11:13:51 AM
Just picked up my 2000AD and it's an American size. Is that normal or does it depend where you get it?

Last year's was"normal" 2000AD size.

Not a problem- very happy to have- just wondering.

It's the new normal.

Magnetica

Ok read it.

Best thing was the Blackblood tale. Really funny, even though it's a joke we have already had on ABC Warriors. The art looks just like Bisley's on the Black Hole.

Dredd confirms what those reading Lawless already know - Phil Winslade is an art droid of the very highest quality. Looks great coloured too ( even though he said he took the Lawless job because it was in black and white).

Anderson is a bit throw away and seems to be an [spoiler]excuse to get Judge Death to feature - again[/spoiler].

The rest is fairly recent reprint apart from a one page Tharg story.

Overall I like it.

Hawkmumbler

A most excellent FCBD prog at first goamce, even if a tad shorter than previous years!

Many thanks to the honourable DDD for the catch up and drinks post shopping spree, a most enjoyable morning!

Tinmachine

Picked mine up today, day after FCBD. Kinokuniya in Sydney had plenty of 2000 AD issues left. Which is either a good or bad thing.

Was a solid release. Really did enjoy the artwork Phil Winslade on the JD story. And Blackblood was excellent. Nice tribute to Steve Dillon on the back cover.

walrus

Well I made it to a three shops yesterday morning but none had any 2000AD left. One had a decent supply but it was popular there. The other two sounded like they didn't have many to begin with. Have managed to get one on ebay now for a sensible price rather the the ones which were going for £15 this morning. Looking forward to it arriving.