Main Menu

THE 2000AD MESSAGE BOARD 2012 ADVENT CALENDAR!

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2012, 12:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, thrills in every store! Oooooooh, it's here, the highlight of the year, 2000AD advent calendar!!!

Last year, we kept this thread to be kept comment free and just full of juicy Thrillpower so I'll start a new thread for comments here:

Right! December 1st and I have TWO treats in store for you! The first is my annual shitey film with horrible singing, this year I've chosen to do my take on "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole. It's called "Death's Nuts Roasting On An Angry Fire" and you'll find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdwo0OWfVe8&feature=youtu.be

Secondly, my equally terrible attempt at a comic strip. Please enjoy Oor Burdis (with apologies to Dudley D Watkins...)

I've got one more 'treat' up my sleeve which I'll post later today.

Merry Christmas everyone, thanks for an amazing year!

shaolin_monkey

Here it is folks - my first proper sketch of Dredd in nearly 25 years:

Buttonman

Here's how it went down.

It was a barren time at Beast Towers. Tharg had seen fit to print any letters in many weeks. The Beast was getting hungry. We contacted Tharg and after some of his trademark bluster he broke down. "Please can I see the Beast in action?" he whined. He further expanded that the death and subsequent demonising of Jimmy Savile meant no one could 'fix it' for him to see the Beast and possibly learn its secrets.

Well, in this season of goodwill we were happy to take on the role of the silver haired fix it king. Only the fix it role, mind, the rest is in the hands of our legal people.

Anyway, Tharg fired up his space ship and came over to Beast Towers. He agreed to keep its location and secrets to himself, and in turn we agreed not to mention his patchy skin condition or double chin.

So sit back and enjoy Tharg's Christmas miracle, a day when this little Betelgeusian finally believed in the goodness of man and the power of a MS Database with some letters detailed upon it.

Tharg's initial nervousness was immediately dissipated with this selection of branded LETTERSENTERTAINYOU plastic cups. 'With these cups you spoil us Beast Ambassador', he probably thought.

Tharg near went pale as he saw The Beast in action. Note its clever disguise of a 5 year old Dell laptop.

After some deep thought Tharg picked what he deemed to be the best collection of 2000ad merchandice. Sorry John, the camera doesn't lie.

He also declared this unauthorised covers website to be not of his taste.

Now comfortable in the home of the Beast Tharg opened up. "Look at the shite I get sent and have to rewrite every week" he cried.

After some wise counsel from the operators of the Beast, Tharg realised that Tom's letters could serve some purpose.

Before leaving Tharg tried to tame the other Beast of Beast Towers - alas Seti's eye beams saw the end of that plan.

Now scared, Tharg ran off soiling a pair of borrowed jeans as he did so. It was the best day ever, he said. It made 'Trifecta' look like a boil on the bum. And that's a direct quote.

Happy Christmas all!

vzzbux

Star Wars does Dredd.

Sophie wanted in.

Amazing with the lack of red amongst the figures. Wanted to do this bigger.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Darren Stephens

Nice work Vzzbux and Sophie. :-)  Christmas based Stronts. Not much more to say. ( I did intend to add words to the pic, but ran ut of time. I think you get the idea, anyhoo.)

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Daveycandlish

At the Wally Squad Christmas party

(for those who don't see my facebook feed; this is based on this weird statue in a Norwegian museum park
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Albion

The Albion Christmas tree, featuring 2000AD Snowmen.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

David Broughton

+++ DATA LINK ESTABLISHED +++ PAGE 8 OF 25 +++

+++ SEQUENCE CONTINUES TOMORROW +++

For those interested I've posted rough layouts and pencils for pages 2 and 3 on my blogg.
http://dbroughton.blogspot.co.uk/