Main Menu

Meg 365 - BRING ON THE NEXT TWENTY-FIVE

Started by Buttonman, 17 October, 2015, 10:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

Quote from: Goosegash on 07 November, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
Quote from: WhizzBang on 19 October, 2015, 09:43:05 PM
I haven't read it all yet but a big thumbs up for Lawless which just seems to get better and better.

Regarding the cover, have any of those villains actually been in a Dredd Megazine story in the last 25 years? I was expecting from the cover some kind of article about the ups and downs of the last 25 years but no such thing is there as far as I could see. It would have been pretty interesting to me as a new reader to read a bit of the history of the megazine.

I suppose the history is regarded as having been covered in David Bishop's "Fifteen Years, Creep!" retrospective, although even that was a decade ago!

I had no qualms with the content of this issue, but I did feel it was a little sad that there was nothing in it to commemorate such a big anniversary other than the cover. Perhaps they just felt that as it's been plodding on consistently in the intervening time since the last history feature that there's not much more to say.

jacob g

After finishing Megazine I have to say I'm kinda disappointed... Last couple issues was all about Lawless for me and this story became my favourite part of Meg. But short from #365 just don't work for me very well. I'm not sold on this clairvoyant thing. This whole twist feels too forced for me. I still interested in story behind Meta and I hope next part of her story will be better.
margaritas ante porcos

Echidna

Can anyone help a noob identify the pile of perps?

1: Fire
2: Whose foot is this?
3: Zombie Judge from Judgement Day?
4: ?
5: Death
6: Whatsisname from Pirates of the Black Atlantic?
7: ?
8: Mean Machine
9: Trapper Hag?
10: Fink Angel
11: ?
12: Cadet Kraken?
13: Owen Krysler / The Mutant
14: Stan Lee / Deathfist
15: Pa Angel?
16: Cal
17: ?
18: Fear
19: Rico
20: Sov Judge?
21: Mortis
22: Don Uggie Apelino
23: Father Earth
24: Call-Me-Kenneth
25: Judge Kitson

Dark Jimbo

1: Fire
2: ?
3: Zombie Dredd
4: Whitey
5: Death
6: Captain Skank
7: ?
8: Mean Machine
9: Trapper Hag
10: Fink Angel
11: Sabbat the Necromagus
12: Cadet Kraken?
13: Owen Krysler / The Mutant
14: Stan Lee / Deathfist
15: The Dead Man?
16: Cal
17: ?
18: Fear
19: Rico Dredd
20: Sov Judge?
21: Mortis
22: Don Uggie Apelino
23: Father Earth
24: Call-Me-Kenneth
25: Judge Kitson
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Zombie Dredd is from City of the Damned and sequels. 2 and 17 could be almost anyone, and 7 has me stumped completely!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

Re: 15 - does that arm belong to the same person as the hat (Dead man)? There's something on the wrist, so I'm not sure - maybe it does belong and neither is Dead man, or maybe it's something else?

I didn't recognise Whitey - that's been bugging me!

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 November, 2015, 12:09:58 PM
7 is Orlok surely.
Beat me to it, but of course Jimbo isn't all that familiar with The Sov Assassin.

Throwing it out their but could 2 be Toots Milloy is traditional witch garb, silk sock's and all?

Hawkmumbler

Double post but could 17 be a Mechanismo?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 November, 2015, 12:09:58 PM
7 is Orlok surely.

D'oh! Of course - really obvious now you've said it.

The most glaring omission here is no PJ!
@jamesfeistdraws

Hawkmumbler

Everyone on the above cover is dead, or at least ambiguous (Trapper Hag is supposed to still be alive, and i've always somewhat suspected Orloks death was too easy). PJ is probably the only long standing Dredd rival whose still kicking (Death and co. as well).

Darren Stephens

Soooo, that's the Dredd advent calendar sorted.  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Timothy

Surely the Dead Man can't be right. These are all villains defeated by Dredd, not alter-egos.

TordelBack

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 16 November, 2015, 11:41:20 AM
Surely the Dead Man can't be right. These are all villains defeated by Dredd, not alter-egos.

Also, hand not burned or bandaged.  Other villains in hats?

Greg M.